Dali Opticon 6 mk2 vs Rubicon 6 or 6 black edition

password1

Distinguished Member
That's another thing that appeals to me.. £50 price increase over 3.5 years is nothing and less than inflation.

It's not clear if Rega mean all current Rega products only or does the lifetime warranty include old out of production 15-20 year old second hand amps.

gibbsy

That's another thing that appeals to me.. £50 price increase over 3.5 years is nothing and less than inflation.

It's not clear if Rega mean all current Rega products only or does the lifetime warranty include old out of production 15-20 year old second hand amps.
If you find one then check with the owner if they have the manual to confirm. My particular model of the Elicit has been in production since November 2013. The Elex since June 2014 and the Brio since June 2017. Unfortunately no date printed in the manual to confirm when the lifetime warranty started from.

password1

Distinguished Member
i emailed the seller of the elicit r but he hasn't confirmed anything that i don't already know. im guessing he's not sure.

anyway. im also watching and bidding on some arcams as well as the regas.

Helix Hifi

Arcam sound very nice. Glorious midrange, voices particularly.
Bass, treble is also very good.

The upper midrange is fantastic, violin is never harsh, just naturally sounding,

My opinion go for Arcam.

I still remember the old A32, that amplifier is incredible dynamic, yet so non fatigue.

The Dali we’ll sing with Arcam.

Try playing “Jazz At The Pawnshop”, excellent recording.

Rega sound nice also. Still I like a tad softer bass, midrange.

Arcam delivers that in spades.

Good luck. 😊

password1

Distinguished Member
I have over 20 amps in my watch list, including the amps recommended above, and bidding on some. Ive no idea what Ill end up with..

Im keeping a look out for Rubicons also. Thanks for all suggestions.

Geo2112

I own the Rubicon 6 standard speakers , They are a very nice sounding speaker, I own many other speakers to compare with, they have a smoothness and clarity beyond my other speakers, the high end is really superb on these and the bass response is a shock when you first hear it, you do not expect the amount of bass on a cabinet this small !!! I use them as part of my surround set up, as I play Tidal atmos and apple high resolution music through them as well as movies, they cope with just about anything and sound fantastic, my main speakers are Tannoy D700's for stereo music, they are fantastic, and sound just incredible, the Rubicon's have the edge on clarity, but for a big sound with clout I still use my Tannoys.

Attachments

• IMG_2715.jpeg
    IMG_2715.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 34

password1

Distinguished Member
I own the Rubicon 6 standard speakers , They are a very nice sounding speaker, I own many other speakers to compare with, they have a smoothness and clarity beyond my other speakers, the high end is really superb on these and the bass response is a shock when you first hear it, you do not expect the amount of bass on a cabinet this small !!! I use them as part of my surround set up, as I play Tidal atmos and apple high resolution music through them as well as movies, they cope with just about anything and sound fantastic, my main speakers are Tannoy D700's for stereo music, they are fantastic, and sound just incredible, the Rubicon's have the edge on clarity, but for a big sound with clout I still use my Tannoys.
Thanks for sharing.

Which amp(s) do you use?

White grilles?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom