Dali Oberon 7 vs Polk signature s55

A H Shuvo

Novice Member
I am confuse about this two speakers.
Please help i like deep bass with clear sound.
Dali oberon 7 vs Polk signature s55
My current amp Marantz pm6006.
Room size 18x19sqf.

Attachments

• 52524570-E61A-4640-87B6-CA94221A0128.jpeg
    52524570-E61A-4640-87B6-CA94221A0128.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 97DFC36D-CD15-46DE-822E-CBE142786FF4.jpeg
    97DFC36D-CD15-46DE-822E-CBE142786FF4.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 228

Helix Hifi

Room size 18x19sqf.
I’ve not heard the Polk’s speakers (American brand?) but I have heard both the Oberon 5, and 7. The 7’s were deep in the bass, but a bit muddy. But this could be because the shop used a very, very cheap non quality amplifier not like a quality amp like yours. I’d go for Dali’s anyway because I like their sound signature. They sound super dynamic, and have a very easy warm sound to listen too. Both warm, neutral at the same side. Silky smooth treble. In fact the cross over settings are so good you don’t notice if you’re listing too the treble,bass, midrange. They just disappear completely in a room. A bonus with not only Dali are that they can play well in any room, treated, or not. Just have some book shelves in your room and you’re ready to rock too your favorite music. I have the Oberon 5, but I’m considering the 7. The 5 are tad too low for my height. See my review about the Dali’s under my nickname. Don’t worry your Marantz we’ll play the Oberon 7 too ear splitting levels. Don’t get hung up on watts, it the current that the amplifier delivers that is important. Most people only use 10-watts anyway. There’s a reason some amplifier only have 20-watts, but many are so expensive for us mortals. Good luck.

Last edited:

michaelgordon

id also recommend the Dalis, not heard the 7 but i demoed the 5s against the Monitor Audio Silver 200 and for me and my ears AV wise there wasnt much in it between the two but when i put music on in Stereo the Dalis sounded awesome, really nice but the 200s were a bit flat no energy to them.

I was also looking at the Qacoustic Concept 40 after always seeing them mentioned when i was looking a couple of weeks ago but was unable to demo and i couldnt spend £1000 on speakers i couldnt hear.

Id recommend demoing anything you are considering, i initially discounted the Dalis completly, shows what i actually know.

Helix Hifi

As michaelgordon says, listen too as many speakers as you can. The Silver are almost double the price of the money of the Dali’s. That shows how well the Dail’s are. I have not listen too the Silver 200, but other Monitor Audio speakers in the past, just as expensive as the 200’s, but they produced a metallic sound from the treble epically. Vocals sounded like class. The bass was quite good though, but in that price range you expect more. Plus, there are some members here who have had som driver issues of some kind with their Monitor Audio speaker. But everyone can get a bad speaker from time to the time.

Helix Hifi

But don’t get me wrong, with the right amplifier Monitor Audio well sing. Many people swear to them. So if you can listen too more speakers then just the two brands you mentioned, then do it.

Helix Hifi

Room size 18x19sqf.
The Dali’s look nicer. The Polk’s look, well not very nice.

Helix Hifi

id also recommend the Dalis, not heard the 7 but i demoed the 5s against the Monitor Audio Silver 200 and for me and my ears AV wise there wasnt much in it between the two but when i put music on in Stereo the Dalis sounded awesome, really nice but the 200s were a bit flat no energy to them.

I was also looking at the Qacoustic Concept 40 after always seeing them mentioned when i was looking a couple of weeks ago but was unable to demo and i couldnt spend £1000 on speakers i couldnt hear.

Id recommend demoing anything you are considering, i initially discounted the Dalis completly, shows what i actually know.
Did you find the that the Oberon 5 perhaps are bit short in height vs the Silver. I have a pair Oberon 5 on loan. They play fabulously, but I fear they are bit to short for me vs other speakers. If they were 20 cm more height on them they would have been perfect. That’s why I’m considering the Oberon 7, but I’m afraid they would be too big in my room.

michaelgordon

The 7s would be too big for my room, only 13ft x 13ft. I had Monitor Audio BX5s before these and they are 89cm so not too much difference for me. However, i would like them a little taller and am thinking about butting a black block under them to add about 10/15 cm to get them inline with the bottom of my TV. The height isnt really of much concern, more for asetethics.

Helix Hifi

The 7s would be too big for my room, only 13ft x 13ft. I had Monitor Audio BX5s before these and they are 89cm so not too much difference for me. However, i would like them a little taller and am thinking about butting a black block under them to add about 10/15 cm to get them inline with the bottom of my TV. The height isnt really of much concern, more for asetethics.
Yes, I hear you. If the height was 15 cm more it have had been perfect. It think though the crossover settings could have been more complicated then, hence it’s height. I know many people that use granite blocks ect on many speakers, not just these ones. Spender A2 have more of less the exact height too. But the price is insane for a bit more shimmer, air in the sound. I think you pay the most money for their real wood finish! I’m considering putting two books under each speaker. I’ve had a few Dali speakers in the past at most of have accepted Soundcare Superspikes that protects your floor, plus they are super easy too use if you need to place the speaker at different place in the room. I can’t see in the manual accepts M6,M8 spikes? You know? I’d like too use the spikes I mentioned, they work. No snake oil at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom