• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dali ikon 6

PSYHANIA

Standard Member
I have just ordered these floorstanders,they should be home later this week.I'm going to buy the whole 5.1 system sometime later,but for now I have to clear out the amplifier section.I would like to have a dedicated stereo amplifier(sthing like the nad 325 or 352),but since it will be my system for both music and movies,I settle into an avr.What would work better with dali ikon?It was always clear to me that I should go to something like a denon(2808?) or even a marantz,since they both are best known for their music advantage.But lately I have also concluded pioneer(1018 or even the forecoming sc-71) and even yamaha(1800?) to my choices.
So,any suggestion?Because as time goes by, my indecision also is established.
I should notify that I'm not so interested in true hd and all these new formats,but first of all at the quality of sound and the sturdiness of manufacture.thanx in advance..

cribeiro

I should notify that I'm not so interested in true hd and all these new formats,but first of all at the quality of sound and the sturdiness of manufacture.thanx in advance..
Then, look for a good second hand pre-pro, and a second hand power amp (you can start with a stereo power amp).

Otherwise you'll need to go beyond 5k euro for a AVR that can compete with this solution, AFAIK.

I bought recently an Audiolab 8000ap (pre-pro) and Rotel 1075 (power amp, should arrive soon), and my expectations are high :)

Another possibility is to get a good quality plain stereo integrated now, and later on get an AVR with pre-outs for surround. This was my previous solution:D but a lightning stroke the house :( so I went a new route with the insurance money :D

PSYHANIA

Standard Member
The second possibility looks more convenient and economic to me.For example,a combination of nad 325bee and pioneer 1018(or yamaha 1800) should do the job?Is there anyone out there with any experience with dali ikon and what is their best match?

PSYHANIA

Standard Member
I got them finally.I just have to break them in,at present.Also I think I should go for Nad c355(no c352 stock at my hometown).
Any opinions or suggestions from any owners?I m a little confused about the ideal position of speakers and of listening,so any advice is welcomed

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom