• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Bargain Expired Dali Ikon 6 = £800/pr

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Stumbled across this by accident following a long and convoluted path.

I didn't think any of the speakers still existed, but Richer Sounds has the Dali Ikon 6 in black for £799/pr.

DALI IKON 6 MK2Black Speakers Per Pair

At the previous £1000/pr, I considered them a bargain. Very well regarded speakers at a very impressive price.

Just passing it along.

Steve/bluewizard

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Worthy upgrade over focal 816v?

Yes and no. The Focal 816 have limited bass, and I'm not sure what they cost but I would think a bit more than the Dali IKON at (originally) £1000/pr. Can you tell me what you paid for the Focal 816?

Focal are exceptionally clear speakers. The Focal have a rated bass of 47hz at -3db. The Dali Ikon 6 have a rated bass of 39hz at -3db. Both have 2x6.5" (165mm) bass drivers.

Here is a review of the Dali Ikon 6 (Mk1) -

DALI Ikon 6 loudspeaker

So, given that the Focal are very clear speakers and at, I assume, a higher price, I would give the edge to them, though it depends on how you are using the speakers.

Though of limited value, you can get some sense of the Dali Ikon here -

They seem crisp, clear, and detailed, but that said, I really can't say whether or not they are an improvement over the Focal 816.

Steve/bluewizard

yes, I had the ikon 5 for a while - and I rant those with a velodyne sub connected to a cairn 4808a amp... very nice it was too... my my living room was big (25 foot long) so I upgraded to the suite 2.8 which had a much bigger presence - but sold my sub too as that never really work, and wasn't really needed either... :)

I briefly owned some focal 714s speakers too...

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom