For Sale Dali Ikon 2s, Dali Vokal 1 & Atacama Nexus Stands

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by hiphopopotamus, Jul 12, 2015.

1. hiphopopotamus

hiphopopotamus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Hi all,

I have the above front 3 set up for sale (all Mark I versions), with Atacama Nexus stands (approx 60cm high which makes them the Nexus 6s I think) for the Ikon 2s. Reviews here:

DALI Ikon 2 review | What Hi-Fi?
    Dali Ikon 2 review | Stuff
    The Fifth Element #48 Page 2 | Stereophile.com

These are the Mark I version, not sure the name of the colour but it is the same as the one in the stereophile ink above. The Mark II versions of these speakers are the only ones available to buy new now (and are only very minimally different from the Mark Is), and you would be looking at close to £1000 all in to get this set up (including the stands) so I think my asking price of £300 for the lot here is a bit of a bargain. You won't find a more neutral front three for home cinema that can equally ply their trade being extremely accomplished hi-fi speakers.

They have exceptionally detailed mid- and upper-levels. Having tried and tested Harbeths, Focals, PMCs, and Sonus Fabers in the search for my next speaker, I still haven't heard a speaker that can make the female voice/acoustic guitarist sing as well as these do - if you're a fan of Norah Jones, Duffy, or anything similar to that I would strongly suggest you try these.

That is not to say they can't party though, and they groove along well with everything from hard rock to hip hop. Given circumstances and house moves though the home cinema/surround aspect has gone for me for now, so I've decided to focus on hi-fi as things stand. It is that reason, coupled with a bit of an itch to change things up as I haven't in a while, that these are now for sale.

Over the past few years I have been pairing the 3 with M&K K4 tripoles as surrounds, and the sound has been seamless, you really wouldn't be able to tell that they are speakers from different companies. I would expect them to fit in almost indistinguishable with any good, neutral surrounds.

I will upload photos of the lot, but they're in great condition, look pretty much new when on stands, although I don't have the boxes for them. Few scuffs to the bases of the Ikon 2s just from being on the stands, and a slight scuff to the top of the vokal, I've tried to pick them up in the photos, but they are ultimately very minor.

I don't have the original metal interconnects for the bi-wire speaker terminals either as they were just cheap, and I have instead been using Kimber Kable jumpers (much better - photo of them attached as well), which I will throw in for free.

Given the size and weight of these combined it's going to have to be pick up only from NE London.

Photos attached. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Price and currency: £300
    Delivery: Goods must be exchanged in person
    Payment method: Cash/BT/ppg
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I prefer the goods to be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  2. josephniet

josephniet
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, would offer £150, collected, for just the Ikons.

3. RiChard 18

RiChard 18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    If you are interested in a split are the stands Atacama Nexus 7i?

4. hiphopopotamus

hiphopopotamus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Thanks for the interest but not interested to split at the moment.
    I think they are just the Nexus 7s but not sure what the differences between the "i" version and the non-i are?
    Having looked them up I can't work out what the differences are, but one thing to note is that I don't have the spikes for the under (floor) side, or the rubber gel isolation pads for the top (speaker) side - I never felt like I needed them so typically must have put them somewhere safe that I will never find them.

5. hiphopopotamus

hiphopopotamus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Bump and photos now attached