Dali Fazon Rubber Gone Sticky

thewhirlwind

Novice Member
Have a set of 5 Dali Fazon satellite speakers that I've owned a number of years and recently noticed the rubber on the stands and speakers has gone very sticky.its quite horrible to touch.. Does anyone know of any way of curing it or if Dali will be of any help if i contact them?
Many thanks for any replies.

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Rubbing Alcohol will remove the sticky residue but that rubberised plastic coating will be removed..it's happened to my remote controls and saitek joystick.

I used some sanitising hand lotion that had alcohol in the ingredients that worked

flobrecht

Novice Member
Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my Fazon F5, in addition also the rubber on the bass-reflex opening is sticky. I don't think there is a simple cure for this. Have you contacted Dali in the meantime?

rccarguy2

Distinguished Member
Hi, I have exactly the same issue with my Fazon F5, in addition also the rubber on the bass-reflex opening is sticky. I don't think there is a simple cure for this. Have you contacted Dali in the meantime?

If it's rubberised plastic you can use alcohol it'll remove the rubberised coating finish and take it down to the plastic

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom