Dali Alteco C1 - 2 x Rubber Feet sizes in box

Ryan22

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just moved flat, and not yet "allowed" to properly setup my original Dali Zensor 7.1 config. (limited to 5.0 currently :-/ ). As a short-term workaround, I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of Dali Alteco C1's so I can at least aim to get 2 Atmos speakers going, just upfiring for now (8ft flat ceiling, vs an odd vaulted ceiling before). Am thinking today about connecting them and about how I'm going to use them, and my perhaps silly question is:

In the box are two sets of flat-bottomed rubber feet, roughly 8mm and 12mm in height. Nothing I can find anywhere mentions this option - why would one opt for big vs small, given the tiny difference? I had vaguely thought that you could use the height differential for a small bit of angling, but the flat bottoms wouldn't make sense....

Just moved flat, and not yet "allowed" to properly setup my original Dali Zensor 7.1 config. (limited to 5.0 currently :-/ ). As a short-term workaround, I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of Dali Alteco C1's so I can at least aim to get 2 Atmos speakers going, just upfiring for now (8ft flat ceiling, vs an odd vaulted ceiling before). Am thinking today about connecting them and about how I'm going to use them, and my perhaps silly question is:

In the box are two sets of flat-bottomed rubber feet, roughly 8mm and 12mm in height. Nothing I can find anywhere mentions this option - why would one opt for big vs small, given the tiny difference? I had vaguely thought that you could use the height differential for a small bit of angling, but the flat bottoms wouldn't make sense....
Perhaps the slightly deeper ones are if you wall mount and shallower if sitting on top of other speakers? You'd need a little more depth to account for the wall fixings I would assume.

Perhaps the slightly deeper ones are if you wall mount and shallower if sitting on top of other speakers? You'd need a little more depth to account for the wall fixings I would assume.
Thanks - makes sense I guess! I'm a bit wary to stick them on then need to change again later, but realistically I'm stuck with upfiring for a while...

It's so you can angle the speakers correctly. I have the Alteco C1s and with either feet options, my distances are perfect. If you have a large room, you'll put the taller ones away from you and the shorter ones closer to you. Opposite if you have a small room!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom