DALI 104 crossover .... help!

Eskil

Novice Member
Reaction score
Is there a kind soul out there who can help me with figuring out the crossover for a pair of DALI 104's?

I recently obtained a pair of speakers which were completely disassembled. The previous owner took them apart to renovate the enclosures, but the project was put on the back-burner and eventually forgotten. Sadly there are no pictures or notes available from the disassembly, and the crossovers don't have any markings on them (save a handwritten "5" in the middle), so where the wires go is a bit of guesswork.

I've been experimenting a bit and got good sound out of the speakers, but not sure if I've wired everything correctly.

There are 6 wires soldered to the crossover board: 2 red, 2 black (1 long, 1 short of each), 1 light blue, 1 gray, 1 brown and 1 orange.

I'm thinking that the red/black are + - main speakers. (I'm guessing the short/long wires go together)

The orange/brown are + - input.

The blue/gray are + - tweeter.

I've been in contact with my local DALI dealer, and DALI in Denmark. Neither could help me. The people at DALI even searched their paper archives for documentation to no avail, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks.

Is there a kind soul out there who can help me with figuring out the crossover for a pair of DALI 104's?

I recently obtained a pair of speakers which were completely disassembled. The previous owner took them apart to renovate the enclosures, but the project was put on the back-burner and eventually forgotten. Sadly there are no pictures or notes available from the disassembly, and the crossovers don't have any markings on them (save a handwritten "5" in the middle), so where the wires go is a bit of guesswork.

I've been experimenting a bit and got good sound out of the speakers, but not sure if I've wired everything correctly.

There are 6 wires soldered to the crossover board: 2 red, 2 black (1 long, 1 short of each), 1 light blue, 1 gray, 1 brown and 1 orange.

I'm thinking that the red/black are + - main speakers. (I'm guessing the short/long wires go together)

The orange/brown are + - input.

The blue/gray are + - tweeter.

I've been in contact with my local DALI dealer, and DALI in Denmark. Neither could help me. The people at DALI even searched their paper archives for documentation to no avail, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks.
Can you post photos of the crossover, top and bottom so we can see the components and the circuit/connections? (I can't promise anything, but I might be able to work it out if I can see it all clearly enough)

Oh, thanks! I'll try and get some photos as soon as possible. Maybe I was a bit unclear in my first post, but the crossovers are still in the enclosures with all the insulation. Only the outside bits were removed for painting. I'll try and get one out for a photo-op :)

Cheers!

One thing that should make it a bit easier - I think you're probably right about about the two red and two black wires. It makes sense that the shorter pair would be for the woofer closest to the crossover, and the longer pair for the other one.

Hi and sorry for the delay, but real life caught up with me. I've managed to sort out most of the connections with some help.

The only thing the boffins can't seem to agree upon is the polarity of the tweeters. Some say the phase is reversed in this crossover, some say it isn't. The blue and gray wires are for the tweeter.

Anyway here is a photo of the crossover in question. Hope this can be settled :)

104xo.jpg

The issue is solved. I got a mail from a tech at DALI confirming that this is a 12 dB crossover with no phase reversal. The blue lead is +, the white lead is -

:)

The issue is solved. I got a mail from a tech at DALI confirming that this is a 12 dB crossover with no phase reversal. The blue lead is +, the white lead is -

:)
Ha, that's exactly what I just came here to say after examining the photo. It's a second-order crossover, 12dB per octave, no phase problems. Blue is... oh yeah, you got all that ;)

It's essentially one of these...

media.nl

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom