Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. (1966) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 18/07/2022

DIE2150AD.jpg

Attachments

• DIE2150AD (inside).jpg
    DIE2150AD (inside).jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 42
  • DIE2150AD (open).jpg
    DIE2150AD (open).jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hope the artworks good, I missed the other release of it and its really shot up in price.

Do you know if its a general release or limited to one retailer?

Hope the artworks good, I missed the other release of it and its really shot up in price.

Do you know if its a general release or limited to one retailer?
They're Studio Canal releases so I'd be very surprised if they were limited releases. According to the Doctor Who Magazine they're also getting a cinema release. I'd imagine that will be a limited release but there doesn't appear to be any details so far.

Bri

Oh dear looks like something from a Doctor Who colouring book, I was so looking forwards to this:(

I agree. It's terrible. Are you still going for one of the releases?

Bri
Just finished posting a question for you in the other thread, I do want a copy I saw it at the pictures.
I like the cast, the music is one of my all time favorites and the saucers are a good design, I was highly impressed as a kid when I first saw it and lucky was at the cinema.
Still wonder today how they did the swirling colours at the start of the film.

@Garrett was spot on when he said it looks like something from a colouring book. When I clicked on the link for the other steelbook I initially thought @RedDevil85 had posted the same artwork twice, I had to go back and check. They could use the two designs for a very young children's spot the difference.
To think that not only did someone get paid for designing them but someone else got paid for approving them.
I'll be sticking with the previous steelbooks.
IMG_20220413_101556634.jpg

@Garrett was spot on when he said it looks like something from a colouring book. When I clicked on the link for the other steelbook I initially thought @RedDevil85 had posted the same artwork twice, I had to go back and check. They could use the two designs for a very young children's spot the difference.
To think that not only did someone get paid for designing them but someone else got paid for approving them.
I'll be sticking with the previous steelbooks.
View attachment 1682365
Indeed the covers are appalling but I want the 4K discs. Assuming Studio Canal don't mess them up these films should be brilliant in this format. What's putting me off is the price. The standard price for old titles like these is usually £20. I expected the posters and booklets to put the price up but £50? I'm now considering waiting for a standard release but that risks losing out. The upscaled Blu Ray releases of the various classic Who seasons are snapped up straight away. Many are immediately put on sale on eBay at an inflated price. I'm not sure if that will happen with these but it might.

Bri

I'll be sticking with the previous steelbook.
View attachment 1682365
Funny I strayed into the first film steel after seeing 2150AD and thought oh that was quick they tweaked it then I saw it was the first film.
I would have gone with it if they were the same as yours.
At £30 its a premium item and expect the art work to be in that league not non league quality. The back cover a bit better and think if they have had that on the front and it being 2 stills from the film merged(as it is almost looks like a monster than a spaceship) Id have been all over it.

Decided to save the £30 and save up for one of these Morris Commercial J class, there still running 200 years on and apparently still can get petrol. :rolleyes: :laugh:
1649846380685.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom