Daisy Chained PV1s

B

billmalcolm

Hi,

Has anyone got / heard 2 PV1s daisy chained together in a setup? Was talking to my local dealer at sevenoaks who told me that you can configure one to handle slightly higher frequencies and one to handle the lower frequencies with some excellent results

No but would be nice to hear a setup with 2 PV1's, although it will cost you a arm and leg at £1900

Yeah - would really like to hear the result. I am not considering buying another PV1 right now, but since I already have one, it might be an option to consider in the future and from what I can gather they are extremely easy to daisy chain

Cheers

I think you just have another sub cable going from the first sub to the second. Could be good for ironing out any flat spots as well. I wonder what my neighbour would think though :)

My neighbour would hit the roof - literally!

Would be worth seeing the look on their faces when I decide to put on War of the Worlds! :smashin:

Wouldn't it be better to spend the same on a much better sub?

Probaby would in all fairness. However, I would need to sell my existing PV1 first - I have only had that half a year! I could keep it and buy something else in addition, but I don't know how 2 subs of different brands would sound together. I know that it does not matter mixing a different brand sub with the rest of your speakers, but am not sure the implications of linking 2 subs of different brands.

The guys at sevenoaks seem to think that 2 PV1s sound pretty awesome (you could say that they would as they would be quids in!)

I did like the sound of the M&K THX 5100 sub in their shop. Was a rediculous creature.

I have never run 2 subs myself but I do know the more subs you have the more likelihood you will have interference problems or room issues.

If you want advice, I would take some of the forum members word over an employee of Sevenoaks any day. :thumbsup:

Yeah - I agree with that advice for sure.

I was only hoping that someone out there might have heard 2 PV1s together. Would be interesting, if not a laugh!

As for the twin subs, there are advantages to running dual subwoofers there are also major drawbacks as well.

Running two PV1's using them for higher and lower frequencies would reqire the use of a variable lowpass /high pass crossover something they dont come with.

This I would advise against as good though the PV is, deep bass it does not unfortunatly.

The best way to invest in £1900 is towards a Velodyne DD12 which is £2300 and features fairly advanced room correction.

By the way my favourite install so far featured twin DD18's Hmmm 120db @ 20Hz with a little boundary reinforcement !!

If you are on a budget try a pair of SPL1200R 's and add a SMS1 at a later date.. Serious Fun and Grunt:rotfl:

Kishoo

£1900 would buy you a very serious subwoofer.

Buying one PV1 might be considered an accident.

Anybody can make a mistake.

Buying two is just plain careless. :nono:

now that is just plain mean :blush:

You're absolutely right!

But then people do insist on buying such products, don't they?

How shall I put this? It is not an informed choice if perfomance is higher up on your list of priorities than appearance and minimal size.

If the converse is true then you still can't have your cake and eat it.

If you want performance and balls then it really ought to be the size of a space hopper! Complete with ears! But no bull! :devil:

:devil:
spacehopper5am.jpg

Nimby said:

How shall I put this? It is not an informed choice if perfomance is higher up on your list of priorities than apearance and minimal size.

I think it is tragic that magazines give these kind of products 5 stars based 80% on looks/design when better performing subs which don't look as pretty seem to get very average reviews. How are people supposed to make informed choices based on this kind of information... I guess lifestyle means more than performance in some peoples eyes :(

edit: meaning magazine reviewers

Nimby said:
Guilty as charged! (but the wife made me do it!)

How shall I put this? It is not an informed choice if perfomance is higher up on your list of priorities than appearance and minimal size.
Quite. See my earlier thread "anyone want a broken PV1?" :rolleyes:

It's a fantasic looking piece of kit, but it will only give effective bass
if your room is the size of a broom cupboard, as I found out to my
considerable cost last week!

~ MARK ~

No arguments about the looks, they really are unique. :smashin:

AngelEyes said:
If you want advice, I would take some of the forum members word over an employee of Sevenoaks any day. :thumbsup:

hi, i have owned a pv1 and for their size.. they are superb, i took mine to a back-back demo with an svs pb12+ ( piano black at £920 ) and it literally blew the little pv1 out of the water, so i bought the svs, after owning the pb12+ for a couple of months or so, and re-watching my films again, you begin to realise how much better these subs are... i mean my pv1 used to start to roll off quite rapidly after 30hz, and be barley audiable at 21hz... my pb12 is amazingly strong right down to 15hz :eek: :D

so if you have got the space there are much better subs that go louder and deeper than a pv1

I think you hit the nail on the head there, there are very few subs of a similiar size to the PV1 to compare it to. If you compare on price there is little between a PV1 and PB12+ but a huge difference in both performance and size...

For some it is about what SWMBO will allow which is a sad state of affairs but unfortunately the norm :(

If I had the room then I would go for a bigger box but I went for a Pv1 on size issue, and for me it was the best for its size. In my room it sounds lovely and deep ( not as deep as a bigger SVS etc) and I am impressed with it as I was sceptical before listening to it. Films like War of the worlds fill the room with lovely deep shaking bass( honestly!:D )

I suppose the more air you can move the more bass to be had.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom