Daily Ebay Thread

RBZ5416

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Bit of an odd one this so interested to hear any thoughts as to what may be going on.

I recently sold something of reasonable value (£600) on Ebay. Only bidder had a Russian email address which had me a little worried & then two days after the auction end, no sign of payment. Checked with Ebay & you can now raise automated non-payment cases after two days, so I did. He paid almost immediately from a verified Paypal account & the transaction was eligible for Seller Protection. So despite my reservations I posted it RMSD (£25! :().

Now here's the odd bit. He wasn't in when RM tried to deliver so they left a card. Almost a week later he still hasn't collected it from the sorting office or replied to my prompts to do so. If he doesn't pick up today RM will return it to me tomorrow.

Anyone experienced similar? Is there a potential scam there I'm missing? His feedback is faultless, including comments. What happens to the deal as I've completed my part?

What kind of items has he been buying? Also have they all been pretty recent purchases?

Hard to say as Ebay in their latest move have removed the ability to see what a buyer has bought previously. The account has been continually active so I don't think it's hacked.

Just requested his contact details & he appears to be a Russian based in Germany!

Hope you find this of help.
Thanks but:

Not possible
Privacy laws in some European countries do not allow us to pass on information involving bidders from those countries. If you want to find all auctions this user has bid on, please contact the user directly by email.

Maybe he was using a friends house if you think he lives in Germany and they can't collect because it will have his name on the parcel?

Failing that let RM return it and sell it again:D

I sold a pair of powerboat propellers over a year ago on eBay, Parcelforce took it to the local sorting office. Now even a year later if I track the barcode it still shows as waiting for collection.

I'm certain they were picked up as I didn't hear anything more from the guy, I reckon the sorting offices don't always do the paperwork.

I sent an application form and payment for some airshow tickets using recorded delivery. That was in spring 2008.

I know the letter was received the day after I sent them but to this day nearly 6 years later it still shows on the system as "progressing through the network".

Some postal workers simply don't finish the job. What is worse, I complained to customer services, explained what had happened. They gave me a book of stamps as compensation but even they couldn't be bothered to get the job finished.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom