Daft Thread - Pedal Owners - socks or shoes

Swordfish

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to canvas the wheel owners who have pedals. I am much better in socks with my G25 pedals as I get so much more feel, even though I've got race shoes/trainers which I use for track days, Nurburgring trips etc. :rolleyes:

If you're using shoes take them off! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Socks! Still cant do the Elise though...

Sparco K-Run Karting boots
Much easier to Heel Toe in than in socks.
Otherwise on occasions my toes have slipped between the pedals.
And that bloody well hurts (And knackers my Laptime)

Socks! Though my feet do get a bit chilly at the moment!

Hardcore player :smashin: :laugh:

Socks here, tho tempted to get some driving boots like that. :D

That's a good point! I've had lessons for heel and toe but never really put it into practice as I predominately ride a bike :D have been left foot braking on the rally stages though and that really helps.

Socks all the way here too. :)

hmm DFGT and shoes though I am struggling to 'feel' the pedals and it is my first wheel

too cold to try socks :blush:

Not tried it yet myself as ive not got my wheel setup but ive read that those slipper socks (tootsies or something) are very good as they have grips on them.

not got my wheel yet, but think ill be going with socks.
see what you all mean bout being cold though and ive got metal pedals on order :p

Socks here, just cant get away with normal shoes. I also use gloves if playing for a prolonged period of time, which I get some mocking over from mates. :D

not got my wheel yet, but think ill be going with socks.
see what you all mean bout being cold though and ive got metal pedals on order :p

i used to be socks but it's too cold at the moment, especially with metal pedals so i'm wearing an old pair of Puma trainers and they are great :smashin:

I'm also thinking of getting some driving gloves. I had a bad crash on Saturday and the wheel ragged out of my grip, took me by surprise and 'burnt' my thumb - since then i have had partial feeling in the tip of it and it's only just getting back to normal now :laugh:

Last edited:
i used to be socks but it's too cold at the moment, especially with metal pedals so i'm wearing an old pair of Puma trainers and they are great :smashin:

I'm also thinking of getting some driving gloves. I had a bad crash on Saturday and the wheel ragged out of my grip, took me by surprise and 'burnt' my thumb - since then i have had partial feeling in the tip of it and it's only just getting back to normal now :laugh:
:rotfl: and who said this isn't the real driving simulator!

That is partly the reason I use them. I blister quite easily on my hands and I just find it more comfortable :)

Not tried it yet myself as ive not got my wheel setup but ive read that those slipper socks (tootsies or something) are very good as they have grips on them.

Yep that was me. Been using slipper socks now for about two years. Gives you a bit extra grip. Definitely work.

Socks here, tried trainers yesterday but got no feel for it so off they came.

Trainers for me, as i like it to feel more like driving a real car and would never drive my real car in socks.

Can't believe I'm the only one bare footing it :eek: surely not? I've been revealing myself all this time and nobody has told me it may be inappropriate??

*Covers bare feet with hands*

Socks here, just cant get away with normal shoes. I also use gloves if playing for a prolonged period of time, which I get some mocking over from mates. :D

My GF has sais she is going to buy me some proper leather "Old Man" driving gloves for Christmas :blush:
to stop the leather on my Fanatec getting all sweaty

My GF has sais she is going to buy me some proper leather "Old Man" driving gloves for Christmas :blush:
to stop the leather on my Fanatec getting all sweaty

Now I dont feel so bad :D

Socks! Though my feet do get a bit chilly at the moment!
You can pick up thermal socks from your local supermarket for bargain-tastic prices. For example 3 pairs for £6 from Asda George with a thermal rating of 4

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom