1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daft question ,,,?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr Grumpy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,

I am still very much new to all of this so forgive me if what I am about to ask is really stupid..
    Having read some of the posts relating to Macro Blocking on certain Denon DVD players fitted with a Faroudja deinterlacer I wondered if there was any way that a projector fitted with one of these deinterlacers and fed an interlaced (as opposed to progressive) signal could cause the same issues.
    As I say it may well be a completely daft question but I would just like to know for sure.
    Regards.

Mr Grumpy

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I own an Infocus Screenplay 4805 which has a faroudja Deinterlacer inside and I always feed it an interlaced signal as the picture is infinately better than when I feed it a progressive signal. This will of course depend on the quality of the DVD player's de-interlacer but with the infocus, I have never seen anything but beautiful pictures !!

3. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ah a fellow Infocus owner :thumbsup:
    Well I am feeding an interlaced signal from my Sony 7700 DVD to the Screenplay 7200 and to be fair the only image issues are with Sky+ broadcasts (I only use the Sky+ through it for footie and movies and via the telly for normal broadcasts). I have had no complaints about the images via DVD but I was naturally a little curious as to whether the aforementioned brand of deinterlacer could produce image artifacts whether used in a DVD player of PJ or if there is more to it than that.