1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

daft question about tv out

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by phetttt, Aug 7, 2004.

?

halo or metroid prime?

Poll closed Aug 14, 2004.
  1. halo

75.0%
  2. metroid prime

25.0%
  1. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello AV experts, this is probably the craziest question that has been asked, but I have been looking at a Tiny PC for gaming and I see that it has TV out on it. Would I be able to use my TV in place of a monitor?

This would save space and money because a large crt monitor would be too big and heavy and the only flat screen monitor I would be happy with would be 20 inch plus (ie an Apple Cinema Display). This would add at least £1000 onto an £800 pc!

I have an powerbook g4, xbox, a gc and a dc but my broadband service is poor, so I dunno if I'll get xbox live sometime this century cos they wont give me my ip settings for my router etc, (I currently use a usb modem) so I saw the Tiny Pc, and thought I could sell my xbox (Live! unopened!) and play doom3 and star wars battlefront on that.

Another question- I love Halo on the xbox, but I think, after much playing, that metroid prime is better- what do you think?

It'll give you a laugh anyway

2. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    well, you'll be limited to at best 720x576 unless you have a HDTV, which would give a huge amount of flicker on a television set, get a 21'' crt for about £120 and find somewhere to put it, its a LOT cheaper than any LCD over 15'', and will give a much better image than a tv set.

Rich

p.s Halo rocks :D

3. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers supersonic :thumbsup: