Daft Punk

Love Niles playing, very influential to me when I played in a rock band even. Keep it clean and tight!

I think the Daft Punk hype-train could de-rail somewhat soon, as they keep pushing the same 20 second clip of one track over and over, for what seems like a long time so far. Time to change the tune, literally.

They obviously don't want to leak too much. They're just teasing us with short clips

Very odd...

http://weewaa.com/NewsItem.aspx?id=5715

Normally, the Annual Wee Waa Show in rural Wee Waa, New South Wales, Australia, wouldn't be a fixture on anyone's festival guide much outside of the area itself. But this year, as well as hosting dog high jump, cross cut saw contests, and a baby show, the Wee Waa show will host something...completely different. Daft Punk have chosen the agricultural event as the site of the official global launch party for their new album, Random Access Memories.

The record is out May 21 through Columbia Records, but will be unveiled at the festival on the evening of Friday, May 17. (The festival runs May 17-19.) Wee Waa's local news site reports that the show "will host a playback of the new album to a packed audience" from a purpose-built stage. And we have confirmed that all of this is actually true.

According to Australian website musicfeeds, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter chose to kick things off in "Australia's cotton capital" (population: under 2,100 people) because they were enticed by "the CSIRO Australia Telescope and its array of satellite dishes." No word yet on whether their choice fits in with the theme of the 79th Annual Wee Waa Show: "The Year of Water".

There are 4,000 tickets available for the event, which go on sale from the Crossing Theatre website from Friday, April 12. If you are a member of the Wee Waa Show Society, you will be guaranteed tickets. Unfortunately, unless the position of "wool steward" or "patchwork steward" becomes vacant prior to the event, it seems unlikely that outsiders might wangle a stealthy in.

Confirmed: Daft Punk to Launch Random Access Memories at Agricultural Show in Wee Waa, Australia | News | Pitchfork

Last edited:
Julian Casablancas (frontman of the Strokes) is on the album, can't wait to hear that song

Im a big Daft Punk fan but I seem to be going off them post-Discovery. Get Lucky is a letdown for me - I did wonder whether I was listening to the latest Jamiroquai track!

Agreed, it just doesn't live up to the HUGE hype at all

Disappointed

Can't wait for RAM on Friday. Get Lucky has been slated by the know it all musos but it's being hammered in clubs everywhere with some awesome remixes doing the rounds and will definitely be the soundtrack to this summer. High hopes indeed for this album!

Just discovered on soundcloud a brass band that cover daft punk tracks....

Do a search for brassft punk... Its great:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom