Daft Punk

nice one, loved the tron album and the remix version, derezzed is a mint track.

Their last album "Human after all" was horrible though, only the Alive tour album saved the material.

They are apparently not touring with this LP either, which is a shame.

The duo will release the new record Random Access Memories on May 21

the album will consist of 13 new tracks, but the tracklisting has yet to be confirmed.

Producer Nile Rogers confirmed that he has worked with the duo on the new record. Meanwhile, Giorgio Moroder and Panda Bear are also expected to be involved.

Pre-ordered the vinyl from Amazon, its the same price as the official website but with free P+P. Not cheap though at £23.99.

I prefer to go with Amazon as its so easy to return duff pressings to them for replacement.

So looking forward to this!

Has anyone else noticed the iTunes pre order has gone up in price? It was £7.99 yesterday, and now it's £8.99. Wish I'd ordered it yesterday.

On a Daft Punk related tip, Recordstore.co.uk claim that in July there is going to be a repress of Homework and Discovery on vinyl (and Daft Club). Given they are £12.99 each I am doubting they are going to be 180g pressings, but for that price it is worth a punt. I can't see Amazon going lower than that on price...

Recordstore.co.uk - CDs, Vinyl, Merchandise, Signed Exclusives

Shame there is no first issue of "Alive 2007" on vinyl, that would be something.

Their last album "Human after all" was horrible though, only the Alive tour album saved the material.

I don't mind that album, even if it is scrappy as hell and not up to the standard set by Homework/Discovery. Steam Machine's a decent bit of digital filth, at least.

On a Daft Punk related tip, Recordstore.co.uk claim that in July there is going to be a repress of Homework and Discovery on vinyl (and Daft Club). Given they are £12.99 each I am doubting they are going to be 180g pressings, but for that price it is worth a punt. I can't see Amazon going lower than that on price...

Shame there is no first issue of "Alive 2007" on vinyl, that would be something.

Just recieved a dispatch email for these! I will report back what I get as soon as they are in my evil clutches! :D

Well, as promised, they showed today. Its the 2nd time I've used RecordStore and they have been excellent.

Both sealed in perfect condition. I don't think these are "new" editions, rather a batch of the old last press a few years back. I reckon they have found a garage full of them and are knocking them off cheap.

Personally for £12.99 each they are a bargain. I can't find anywhere on the internet that sells them for below £20, so if you are fence sitting don't do it for "too long" :D

Both sound great btw, Discovery is mastered very bass/middle heavy though! :eek: All have the correct inner-sleeves etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 129
The constant drip feed continues.

I didn't know Pharell Williams featured on the album

Just ordered the vinyl for RAM from recordstore.co.uk for £20.35 including P+P using this voucher code for this weekend only...

15OFFWEEKEND

Its the cheapist I have been able to pre-order it for so far.

Jeez, Todd Edwards. Who? Listening to him crap on has really put a downer on the LP for me.

"I've been making music in a bubble" he says. He couldn't be more spot on!

Jeez, Todd Edwards. Who? Listening to him crap on has really put a downer on the LP for me.

"I've been making music in a bubble" he says. He couldn't be more spot on!

You dont know Todd 'the god' Edwards? Know much about dance music then?! Daft Punk obviously know what he can do...I used to play loads of his stuff myself.

I know a bit about dance music, but I like a lot of different types of music so I am not a guru in one. About as vague as my dance knowledge extends to Felix da Housekat (aka Madkatt Courtship).

Regardless, the video in which Todd appeared in made him look like someone who had absolutely no idea how music is made in the larger world. I just could not believe some of the things he was saying in it.

I know a bit about dance music, but I like a lot of different types of music so I am not a guru in one. About as vague as my dance knowledge extends to Felix da Housekat (aka Madkatt Courtship).

Regardless, the video in which Todd appeared in made him look like someone who had absolutely no idea how music is made in the larger world. I just could not believe some of the things he was saying in it.

He was a bit dull to be fair. But...he certainly knows music - why do you think Daft Punk wanted him? He was very influential in the 90s particularly. Youtube him.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom