• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Daewoo SetPal problem

Scaleyback

Established Member
My in-laws have got a Daewoo SetPal digibox and its not receiving any signals??

It suddenly stopped receiving/working yesterday during a rain/thunder/lightning storm.

I've tried a manual scan for channels but keep getting the 'no channels found' message and its telling me to check the aerial.

If the unit is turned off and not in use, the terrestrial tv picture is very snowy.

The aerial signal is fine as I've bypassed the unit and plugged the aerial directly into the TV so they've just got terrestrial tv atm.

Any ideas? Or has it had its chips?

Thanks in advance.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There is a capacitor in the power supply section of this receiver which runs very hot and eventually fails...sometimes blowing an internal circuit protector...which is soldered to the same circuit board.
It's the sort of thing a local TV repairman can replace if you're not able to yourself.
Do not attempt to do it yourself unless you know what you're doing as there are lethal voltages inside it.

pedanticboy

Standard Member
It's probably not a fault with the Daewoo unit, read the other threads on these boards about the Freeview signal change that stops certain Freeviewboxes working.

Daewoo is one of the ones affected.....time to buy a more modern box.

julian_1234

Standard Member
It's probably not a fault with the Daewoo unit, read the other threads on these boards about the Freeview signal change that stops certain Freeviewboxes working.

Daewoo is one of the ones affected.....time to buy a more modern box.

Did you notice this thread was started in January ? :D

Vogon44

Standard Member
The setpal box's don't comply with the current signal standards. Not enough memory I believe. When you try to update the channel list they just don't find any channels.

If you speak to customer sewrvices they were doing a cheap deal on a HDDR,
DSD-9503TFPB, but then that doesn't work properly either. Keeps crashing!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom