Daewoo DUB2850 - intermittant signal drop?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Franco50, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Franco50

Franco50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I bought a Daewoo DUB2850 last summer for my elderly parents and until now it has performed fine. In the past couple of weeks there has been in intermittent problem on certain digital channels in that the picture and sound will disappear for a couple of seconds, the channel's details will then re-appear at the foot of the screen (the signal strength will state very briefly 'no signal') and then the picture/sound are restored to health! I have witnessed this when I have visited my parents and it is extremely annoying as it can happen as often as every 15 minutes, although my parents say that some days it won't do it for hours. They also say that it only seems to affect commercial channels - ITV1,2,3, Ch4, Ch5 etc. but BBC channels are fine. They have just had a new aerial and cable fitted but apparently this fault was evident prior to that. I have also tried, in vain, to rectify the problem by going through the tuning process again from scratch.
    Although the TV is within warranty I thought I'd try to establish if anyone else has suffered this problem before I call in Daewoo as its such a hassle arranging for items this size to be picked up.

2. Lowflyer

Lowflyer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Franco - it sounds like the same problem that me and several other members have got with their Daewoo 2842's. The 2850 and 2842 are very similar, the manual is the same for both.

Daewoo are promising a free over the air update, but there is no sign yet.

Take a look at the thread a little further down the list "daewoo 2842 Problem with digital TV, help please" started by Big Leon.

3. Franco50

Franco50

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Many thanks mate. At least now I know it is a common problem.

4. paffren

paffren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    There's an update due on the 19th February till about the 26th for the dub2850. It's still provisional on dtg.org.

5. paffren

paffren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    It's available now to install, mine just did it and the software is now on version sw 2.3.103 updated from 2.2.176. It seems to start up a lot quicker now from switch on but I'll have to wait till later to see if it does anything else different.

6. greb

greb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone confirm whether this problem is fixed?

The channels described in the opening thread are multplex 2.

I've just had a look on dtg.org and it is repeating OTA download on Multiplex B, NOW!!!

5/3/07 TO 10/3/07

7. Lowflyer

Lowflyer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes the main problem is fixed - take a look at the main thread (Dub 2850 and 2842 run the same software):

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=413220