1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daewoo DSA9310E Tuner Box at RS any good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lisag, Jan 5, 2005.

1. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I cannot find any info online about it, it is an analog tuner (I think) but also has 1 vga input and 2 scart inputs, wondering if this would be a good way of increasing the number of inputs to my PW7.... or would PQ be rubbish :confused:

2. JonStatt

JonStatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Search again..it has been discussed a couple of times on here, just recently. Don't buy it, especially if its for use with a Panasonic!

3. sldt

sldt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of these tuners on demo from a TV repair shop, I have tried it on my 19" DELL LCD monitor & can find no fault with the picture, but I've not tried it on a plasma, I am picking up my TH37PW7 from RS tommorrow so can let you know when I get it all connected.
    If the PQ is any good, it is a cheap alternative to buying a multi board input array for the Panny, the quad picture in picture is a good feature & the teletext has a lot of extra features.
    I've been offered one for £155+vat. :thumbsup:

4. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Sounds interesting, yes please let us know how it looks, I also have the TH37PW7 from RS and am struggling with finding extra terminal boards.
    lisa

5. JonStatt

JonStatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Trust me, you won't be happy with it! I had one for 100 pounds and took it back!

You cannot adjust the colour on a Panasonic, and the colour will be much too strong. You won't have access to all the widescreen modes like Just

Panning is jerky because it outputs at 60Hz instead of 50

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    ONE very good reason to buy from a proper dealer not RS monkeys..............
    if you want a tuner box buy the panny tuner box PT600 and card ~£400 ish come up on here and ebay occaisionally
    Can i ask how you were planning to connect to the screen?
    Best option is a cheap de-interlacer/sclaer Iscan ultras go for £250 ish S/H on here and new £550 ish £800 gets you into proper scaler territory LumagenDVI or £900 for an Iscan HD where it gets very interesting (both capable of taking an RGBS signal from scart, using a scart to 4 RCA cable)

7. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I purchased one yesterday just so i could get my display up and running, andi will be taking it back asap - total poo.

Theres nothing else much to say £100 too much. The picture is over the top, no control of it just rubish, which is a shame really because its a good idea.

John

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    you can buy these sort of boxes elsewhere but £300 is going rate for a usable one......