Daewoo DRVT40/43 Retuning warning

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by amtrakuk, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. amtrakuk

amtrakuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Does anyone know how to turn off the message asking for the recorder to be retuned. Since Freeview has been adding more channels of braindead TV (sorry but there is only about 10 good channels) requiring a retune, my recorder now keeps saying I need to retune every 10 seconds.

I have retuned, factory reset, blank retune (no aerial connected). It still only finds 127 channels as per now I get a persistent message every 10 seconds saying new channels are available.

If someone can tell me how to turn that warning off please. There are nothing obvious in the settings.

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,999
    I have no experience of the operating system used by these machines, but the problem is relatively common and is usually caused by the machine picking up more than one transmitter, which fools the machine into thinking there are new channels when they are in fact just duplicates.

Try again to look in the tuning menu for something like 'New channel message' or similar and turn it off.

Another more complicated option is to install an attenuator into the incoming aerial lead to reduce the signal level of the other transmitter so the machine fails to detect it.

3. amtrakuk

amtrakuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ah ha Thanks! You have jogged my memory. I'm sure said the same thing on another article I browsed. Also manually tuning may help

4. amtrakuk

amtrakuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Mixed news...

Sadly there is no manual way of tuning channels, only Auto tune, Reorder or Delete.

I've just been onto Freeview who said the update message will be caused by a service signal sent out from the transmitter, this service signal will be switched off tomorrow. Will leave it till Friday and have another go then.

I'm hoping a service signal is to blame. Has anyone else come across this?

5. amtrakuk

amtrakuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    On a side note I read there is service menu on Daewoo DRVT40 machines accessed by standing on one leg, singing the national anthem whilst pressing buttons 8374733 on the remote - does anyone know how to access it. I'm wondering if there is something in there to disable new channel notification.

6. amtrakuk

amtrakuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think I have solved the problem and thought I'd share for others.

Into setup
    Into Delete Channels
    Manually Delete all the channels so there are non listed
    Return back to the Setup menu
    Run "Auto-Scan".

It almost immediately found 22 channels oddly at at the beginning of the channel search rather than mid, before finding 100 more totally 122 instead of the 127 it found before. I'm not sure if the 22 channels found immediately were the channels that triggered the re-tune warning but the suspect channels are working without the re-tune message.