1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daewoo dp42sp help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by happychap76, Jan 3, 2005.

1. happychap76

happychap76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have had my plasma display for just over 12 mths. However, the other day the screen suddenly went 'funny' in that the colours were distorted i.e too much red and not receiving a clear picture from any source such as SKy, dvd, xbox etc. It is also making an high pitch irritating sound from the back. The longer i leave the display on the worse the picture gets.

Im assuming here that my display is clearly broken. My question is do you know if this sounds like its repaireable? as i hear that when plasmas go wrong they are beyond repair most of the time.

I have looked on Daewoo web site but their techincal support is non existent.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    well happy chap sounds like a board fault is the tuner internal or external? if external disconnect it and power up the screen other wise a call to Tech support service agent is the only way to go (what is the warranty on the screen?)

3. happychap76

happychap76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx for the reply. The tuner box is external . The warrenty expired a few months ago. Guess it may be cheaper to replace then repair.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    i doubt it cheapest replacement is £999 most repairs com in around £2-300 try mastercare (DSG service centre) and ring daewoo UK

Daewoo Electronics Sales U.K. Limited
    640 Wharfedale Road - Winnersh Triangle - Wokingham - Berkshire - England - RG41 5TP
    Tel: +44 (0) 118 9252 500 - Fax: +44 (0) 118 9256 772

Customer Service: +44 (0) 870 100 2525

Spares Enquiries/Orders: spares@desuk.co.uk

Customer Service: customerservice@desuk.co.uk

General Information: information@desuk.co.uk (basic technical support provided)

5. Andy Rennison

Andy Rennison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Happy Chap,

Mine did exactly the same tonight. Did you get a solution ?

Cheers

Andy

6. valadorf

valadorf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try to pluge the plasma to a pc first to determine which one is at fault (plasma screen or tuner box)

7. rollocla

rollocla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only just found this thread after my own DP42SP has developed the same problem.. only, I bare bad news for anyone else reading this for the future! The main PCB is the cause and has to be replaced at a cost of almost £500!! (I only paid £799.99 as a manager special just over a year ago in Currys.)

Thankfully, with advice from Consumer Direct, I wrote to the MD of currys and quoted the Sale of Goods Act 1979 before listing my problesm wih the set.

It had already been inspected by an independent engineer (at Curry's request) So they are abouttorefund me £730 (inc inspection fee) for the set - which I get to keep!

All of this prompted me to start looking around online for a damaged set that I might be able to cannibalise for spairs, but I've suddenly found loads of this Daewoo model onlin with the same fault! Sounds like a bad manufacturing problem to me.

Anyway, anyone else with this problem may like to try the same thing i did and get a refund asap.