1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daewoo DP42NH80 Plasma - Help Possibly Faulty???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nokiauk, Sep 12, 2005.

1. nokiauk

nokiauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I have had my plasma which is the above model for approximatly 10 months now and has given in my view good service, mainly using it for Telewest Cable TV connected to AV1 - RGB scart although I also have a DVD player on AV2.

I have noticed recently that sometime it exhibits a greenish tinge to the picture which I can't remove with any picture mode or by playing with contrast/colour settings etc.

Also on bright images it is now makeing a loud buzzing noise which can be off-putting.

On that basis and seeing that my warranty is about to expire do you think that the set could be faulty and I should see about repairs?

One other issue is that at times the picture seems offset to the left as I can sometimes be missing scores/timers/logos or get them cut off. Also I can get a thin black bar to the right of the screen. Is that a problem also? there appears to be no screen adjustment settings which I can find.

Any comments welcomed.

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get it back in before the Warranty runs out...my advice though...dont buy anything else from Daewoo, period

3. nokiauk

nokiauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    phoned up and have got an engineer coming out, hopefully they won't say the "buzzing is normal" and be silly about it.

yes i know Daewoo prob wasn't the best choice now... esp havng visited this forum.

4. nokiauk

nokiauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    So engineer has called to say he'll be here at the end of the week, any tips in case he's stubborn and says noise etc is normal? Don't like being fobbed off!!

Have also now tried cable box on 2nd lcd tv and no green tinge's on any channels so this is also a second defect on this plasma.

Far as i'm concerned the buzz has just started and is definitely an annoyance and on a £1,000 + TV is unacceptable?

Some people here have good & bad experiences with technicians just don't want mine to be a bad one.

As far as i'm concerned I want it repaired quickly or a replacement of same of better quality.

What are the arguments for and against this. Retailer was Powerhouse if it makes any difference athough it seems to be some independent repairer they have contracted to turn up.

:lease: