1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daewoo DLP17D3 - Does Anyone Know/Have This Set And Can Help!!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jeimuzu_uk, Oct 22, 2005.

1. jeimuzu_uk

jeimuzu_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Daewoo DLP17D3 was added to Empire-Direct's website last week and as i've been informed is from the daewoo's new DLP range. Problem is there's NO reviews around for it, google ain't much help and I'd really like to find out more about the set.

I've been onto daewoos website but they only have the last years 17" screen model on there.

It seems like a good little spec for a 17" lcd for £300 so can anyone help me in finding out what the response time is, if it's a good set for the 360, and does it actually have a HDMI input?

If anyone can recommend this set or even just take time to look at the spec and comment i'l appreciate it.

Link to the LCD!

2. jeimuzu_uk

jeimuzu_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take it the answer is no then? :lease:

3. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    I can't comment on the TV as I have no experience with one or read anything about it anywhere. I would however question the fact that it says HD ready yet mentions nothing about component inputs or an HDMI/DVI HDCP input.

4. igauk

igauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well, the spec ticks the right boxes but I'd email Empire Direct and/or Daewoo and ask if its DVI or HDMI and what the response time is (which would be important if its mainly for gaming). You could order it and if it isn't suitable return it within 7 days as is your right under the distance selling regulations. If it's going to be mainly used for gaming, why not save a few bob/get more for your money with a 17" or 19" monitor?

See

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050720/index.html

and

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050606/index.html

5. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I had a Digix 20in that went kaput, and I got this in exchange. Though it's a smaller TV, I think it's much better. The picture quality is clearer, plus the native PC resolution is 1024 x 768 and not the **** poor 640 x 480 that the Digix had. I'm not really up on the technology behind better pictures or what not so I'll just list what ports it has on the back if that helps. I know it supports component, so I have to get one of those for my Xbox.

You have the following ports

S-Video
    Standard Red, White, Yellow connection for sound and video
    Component (Pr, Pb,Y, R-Audio-L)
    VGA
    Scart
    ANT
    PC Audio

There's no digital sound connection like the one on the Xbox Advanced Scart.

Great TV for a bedroom though, which is how I use it.

6. Orias

Orias

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking at this too for my Brothers' Birthday in a few days. The good news is that it's mainly for his bedroom, so cheers for your review Chrislad, it was very helpful. The only think that I really want to know is does it have a headphone jack?

I actually work in the gaming industry, and do a lot of work on the X360. If this is any good, then I may well get myself one too as HD really does completely change the games. The specs certainly are very impressive for a small set. I have to use a REALLY ugly 24" SONY HDTV at work for the Xbox 360 work I do, and I think it cost around £700!!

Any rapid replies would be great as I need to get this delivered by the 30th if I'm going to get it in time for his Birthday!

Cheers, Orias

7. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Orias, yes, there is a headphone jack.

8. Orias

Orias

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool ... thanks Chrislad,

Going to hit the magic 'buy button' now then :D

Cheers, Orias :smashin:

9. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    You won't be disappointed. I'm really loving it. All I need are my component cables and I'm sorted. Like I said, it's a great bedroom TV. Note that it is surprisingly heavy for such a small TV. It was heavier than my 20" Digix!