Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Daewoo DHCX150 not very loud??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by tim1964, Mar 3, 2005.

1. tim1964

tim1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Recently set up a Daewoo DHC-X150 system but it doesn't seem loud enough even at the highest setting.

I appreciate that 15W satellites and a 60W sub won't exactly blow the windows out but in a 20ft by 12ft room I thought I should get a few 'turn that downs!!!!' :nono:

The volume goes from 0 to 70 but anything less than 30 is almost inaudable.

I have the Aux input connected to the TV for TV/video and Sky via twin phono's and the unit connected to the TV via Scart, but even with a DVD playing it still seems quiet.

Do I need to use different cables or try other ways of connecting the system to the TV etc?

Thanks,

2. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,822
    Tim, that's a fairly big room and 15w per channel isn't going to make a massive impression.

Different cables may improve the quality of the sound but they ain't gonna make it any louder.

I don't think that connecting any differently is going to help, but you should make sure that the output from all your sources is turned right up (apart from the dvd which won't be adjustable).

3. tim1964

tim1964
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply roohster2,
    When I looked into a home cinema set up I was thinking that a system with 50w satellites and a 100w sub would be over the top, but maybe not.

4. Roohster

Roohster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,822
    50w is more realistic - remember you don't have to use all that power at once!

If you're really unhappy with the (lack of) output, might be time to think about selling and starting again :(
    Sorry, but I cant think of any way of squeezing more performance out of the Daewoo setup.