Daewoo DF-4150P is driving me mad!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by biaya, Apr 8, 2005.

1. biaya

biaya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Argh! I bought this with the intention of converting all my vcr onto dvd. When I saw it played NTSC I thought "great" because so many of my videos are from friends in America on the NTSC format. I also naively thought that if it was NTSC it would also be multi-region. big mistake. Can't play some of my dvds which are region 1 (or whatever it is!). Nobody seems to have a hack code for this either! I'm desparate to get a code but there are none anywhere. (if anybody knows different PLEASE let me know.) Anyway, when I play an NTSC tape it works fine but as soon as I copy it to DVD the tracking goes mad and the sound goes fuzzy (like the aerial is out!). Of course once it starts copying you can't adjust the tracking. Any ideas?

Also, and final point, I tried to finalize a disc yesterday. after one hour I had to unplug the machine! And it hadn't finalized. I'm about to chuck it through the window - I am so disappointed and had waited for a dvd-r for so long.

If anybody can reassure me and help me, I'd be so grateful.. :lease:

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    If the tapes you are trying to record to DVD are commercially produced films then I suspect the problem is copy protection.