Daewoo 9503T keeps freezing/going wrong

bobby1413

Hey, I have a Daewoo 9503T freeview recorder.

I've been experiencing the following problems:

- Quite often the channel I'm watching will merge/flick into another. E.g. if I'm watching bbc1 the picture will change to sky three. The actual channel doesn't change, just the frequency or whatever it is. I have to then change to another channel and back to bbc1 to get it to work. This means if I record something and this happens, it comes out on the recording, so I end up missing half of what I recorded!!

- The picture locks up. I'm watching something, and then suddenly it just freezes, as if I have paused it (I haven't). Again I have to then change channel, and change back.

EDIT
The picture locks up quite often now actually, probably once every 10 minutes, sometimes not as bad as this, but either way it's not good.

All of this is starting to become a great annoyance.

Is this normal for freeview recorders/my model or do you think I have one that is going slightly beserk?

Thanks guys.

kjt2004

Hi

Having no such probs here with mine

I switch it off completely every night and its coping fine

Automatic Upgrade is switched off and signal strength is good

Sounds to me like a faulty unit or its loosing it signal

bobby1413

Hi

Having no such probs here with mine

I switch it off completely every night and its coping fine

Automatic Upgrade is switched off and signal strength is good

Sounds to me like a faulty unit or its loosing it signal

Hmmm, I leave mine on constantly, as it sometimes records something late at night or early in the morning, so don't want it switched off.

Automatic upgrade is ON and the version is currently 1.6.

I'm not sure what to do now. I suppose I'll have to contact Amazon, but I don't want to be without it for a week or more. I'll send them an email to ask them.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom