Dad wants an LCD (sorry guys, I'm a plasma buff!) - what's good?

cowlid

Standard Member
Hi all

Dad is finally going to upgrade to HDTV - secretly he's fed up of having a smaller set than me!

Although I'm a plasma person, he is convinced that LCD is better (and no, I don't want to get started on that one!).

So, what's good out there at the moment? I see that Sony seems to have got some of it's reputation back (weren't the first Bravias rubbish?), and Samsung seems to get lots of posts.

He's looking for a 40-42 (or maybe even slightly larger) screen, freeview not necessary (Sky), and budget not important (he's not got pots, so no stupid answers please:D, but if a screen is good, he'ss pay for it!)

Ta

Dave

http://www.sharp.co.uk/invt/lc42xd1ea
fantastic tv imo doesnt get enough praise but all the reviews cant be wrong can they. just won the best 42 lcd in the new home cinema mag,black levels to die for on a lcd, brilliant tv wipes the floor with my 47 tosh that i had and also was the best of all the others i looked at.

excuse the camera its old but it will give you some sort of idea of what this tv is capable of when the settings have been tweaked out of the box its horrible.

ChrisGgr

Can he wait?If yes the new Sony KDL-40X3500!!!1815£ price for pre-order!!!In a month it will be fully available!!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom