DACs

Coco60

Novice Member
Would i be better off using a DAC with a Marantz ND-8006 CD/Media player for better sound or its internal DAC is good enough ?

muljao

The nd 8006 has its own dac. Any cd player you buy has its own dac. If the cd player has an optical or coaxial out it gives you the option to plug cd player into amp digitally.

If you plug cd player into amp digitally, you are using the amps dac, if you plug cd player into amp with rca cable you are using cd players dac. You can try this both ways and see which sound you prefer.

Buying another dac complicates the setup and may not be of any benefit. It would be a route you could take if you were not happy with either sound or you knew you like the output of a particular dac. I'd say you're overthinking this one

Coco60

Novice Member
The nd 8006 has its own dac. Any cd player you buy has its own dac. If the cd player has an optical or coaxial out it gives you the option to plug cd player into amp digitally.

If you plug cd player into amp digitally, you are using the amps dac, if you plug cd player into amp with rca cable you are using cd players dac. You can try this both ways and see which sound you prefer.

Buying another dac complicates the setup and may not be of any benefit. It would be a route you could take if you were not happy with either sound or you knew you like the output of a particular dac. I'd say you're overthinking this one
I guess the ND8006 does not need an external DAC for better sound, it probably has a very good onboard DAC. Most low to mid range CD player have poor build-in DAC, that's where an external converter really improves the sound.

gibbsy

The ND8006 has the ESS9016 Sabre DAC. That's a pretty good DAC and having another one in chain is something of a waste of money. Spend it on the music. Marantz do make very good players and this is more likely the cd6006 as far as the mechanism and reading abilities go.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom