DacMagic drop pouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relay

Standard Member
I'm on my second DacMagic (the first developed a faulty, silent right channel) which I've had a few months now. Yesterday for the first time I noticed monentary and occasional dropouts in the sound (and the incoming sampling rate LED flashes) and traced it to other electrical items being switched on/off eben as small as table lamps. This only happens on co-axial input - optical is unaffected and I assumed iit s only since yesterday as my norm has been to listen via co-axial so I would have expected to notice before now if it had happened from day 1. I've changed co-axial cables, plug sockets, but makes no difference. Reluctant to return it to Richers Sounds again but not pleased that I've lost the use of co-axial have to use Optical. Noticed a few similar comments on drop outs elsewhere but they seem top point the finger at quality of shielding of the co-axial cable which I know isn't the issue here. Anyone else with the same fault care to comment?

evans

Novice Member
I had the same problem and only with unshielded coaxial cable that probably werent even 75 ohms. so if you have someone who can lend you a few cables to try it might solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom