DAC with built-in BT Transmitter/Receiver?

Stompa

I have a TV with optical out, and a Hi-Fi with RCA in. I'd like to be able to connect them (wired) with a DAC (so I can play the TV through my Hi-Fi), but one that has a Bluetooth transmitter (so I can use BT headphones with the TV) and receiver (so I can play music from my phone though my Hi-Fi) built in.

I Can find DAC converters that include a BT receiver, and BT transmitter/receivers, but I am unable to find a device that does all three. Does such a device exist? (preferably not too expensive!)

Many thanks

Jules Tohpipi

@Stompa
I’m not aware if such a thing might exist but the below might be suitable.

It would go between your TV and DAC using optical cables. It has a manual three-way switch on the side. In bypass position it would pass the TV sound through to the DAC. In Bluetooth transmitter position (TX) it sends the TV sound to your BT headphones. In RX position it would receive the Bluetooth signal from your phone and send it via optical to the DAC. It’s not the ideal solution sound quality wise if you have an iPhone as I don’t believe it supports AAC codec - you’d be on base sound quality SBC instead.

Avantree Oasis Plus Certified aptX HD Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV, Soundbar PassThrough, Class 1 Long Range, Voice Guide, Touch Screen, aptX Low Latency Audio Adapter for 2 Headphones Amazon product

Upvote 0

Stompa

@Stompa
I’m not aware if such a thing might exist but the below might be suitable.

It would go between your TV and DAC using optical cables. It has a manual three-way switch on the side. In bypass position it would pass the TV sound through to the DAC. In Bluetooth transmitter position (TX) it sends the TV sound to your BT headphones. In RX position it would receive the Bluetooth signal from your phone and send it via optical to the DAC. It’s not the ideal solution sound quality wise if you have an iPhone as I don’t believe it supports AAC codec - you’d be on base sound quality SBC instead.

Avantree Oasis Plus Certified aptX HD Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV, Soundbar PassThrough, Class 1 Long Range, Voice Guide, Touch Screen, aptX Low Latency Audio Adapter for 2 Headphones Amazon product
Thanks, I've actually ordered something pretty similar to that.

My concern was that, for some devices of this sort, bypass apparently only works for RCA IN to RCA OUT and Optical IN to Optical OUT, but not the Optical IN to RCA OUT that I was after. However, both the manufacturer and the seller of the one I've ordered have assured me it does - I guess I'll find out for sure when it arrives!

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom