• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DAC or Decoder

POKEGAMERZ9185

Novice Member
I'm not exactly sure if I'm posting in the right forum. I'm kind of a noob here and I'm looking to upgrade my speaker setup to work with my game consoles. My sound card only works with my PC so I'm trying to get something that works for consoles as well. Here's what I got so far:

My current sound card:
Amazon product

My Front Speakers/Sub:

My Center Speaker:

My Rear Speakers/Sub:

My question is whether I am making a mistake choosing either a DAC or Decoder for the consoles. I plan to use this with the PS5 as well as the XBOX 360 and XBOX 1. Here are some DACs/Decoders that I found:

1 Amazon product

2 Amazon product

3 Amazon product

Please tell me what I should do. Also, please let me know if I can still get 5.2 sound like I can when using these speakers with my sound card.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Tricky to give you a recommendation built around your current setup - the choice of speakers is very different to what would be the 'norm' for anyone building a conventional stereo or surround sound system.

Display - what will you be using?

Surround Sound Processor with HDMI Inputs - are rare devices until you get into the expensive end of the Home Theatre market or you look at the bargain end which is unlikely to cater for the full capabilities of devices such as the PS5 or XB1X or provide a denote lack of control and configuration.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom