Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DAC or A/V receiver with Squeezebox?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by mark88, Nov 6, 2004.

1. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm trying to redesign the whole way I listen to music and watch DVD's. I'm like to stream music via wireless using Squeezebox..

Not too sure though on whether I'd be better of buying a DAC and using an intergrated amp, or getting an A/V receiver to benefit from the digital out on the squeezebox.

I've looked at things like the Arcam AVR300 but I'm thinking a receiver is just overkill, they are too huge and I won't even be using any surround sound, just stereo.

So will a DAC and a decent amp be the better option? and if so, can anyone recommend a good/affordable/stylish DAC? most of them seem hugely expensive. One of the most important things to me is reducing how much equipment I have on show, and the size of it.