DAB Radio's

KingRat

Novice Member
I have 3 DAB radios in my house, and all three have suddenly (since Saturday 6th April 2019) are suddenly sounding as if they are underwater!! That's the only way I can explain it.

I am listening to Smooth on DAB but cannot listen to it at the moment. Most, but not all, DAB stations are the same, BUT, I can listen to Smooth perfectly on the television. It's done this before but usually only for a day at the most then it's perfect again. Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? Nothing has changed in the household, no new microwave ovens, etc.

Thanks in advance for both reading this and any answers you may have.

dannnielll

It could be something as simple as a new steel clad roof or siding on a building anywhere in your line of sight ,or even off it, to the transmitter. The emergence of leaves on trees . In my case, reception can be fine, and then just moving into specific positions in the room causes the gurgling. Even a neighbors purchase of a fridge freezer,located in the wrong position!. The TV uses different transmitters at different frequencies.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Looks like your local relay station is Chartham to the west & no problems are currently reported. The further east you are, the weaker the signal becomes. Have you tried upstairs, preferably with a radio with an extending aerial? If the problem persists then report it to the BBC.

John7

First simple thing to do in such cases is to do a re-scan of all stations in your area.

KingRat

Novice Member
Looks like your local relay station is Chartham to the west & no problems are currently reported. The further east you are, the weaker the signal becomes. Have you tried upstairs, preferably with a radio with an extending aerial? If the problem persists then report it to the BBC.

yeah, looks like I will have to do that tomorrow. Thanks for your help. :)

KingRat

Novice Member

Many thanks for your help and looking up where I am. Much appreciated matey. I will contact the BBC tomorrow. Cheers :)

***UPDATE*** Smooth returned a little after 1600 (4pm) Yippee!

KingRat

Novice Member
It could be something as simple as a new steel clad roof or siding on a building anywhere in your line of sight ,or even off it, to the transmitter. The emergence of leaves on trees . In my case, reception can be fine, and then just moving into specific positions in the room causes the gurgling. Even a neighbors purchase of a fridge freezer,located in the wrong position!. The TV uses different transmitters at different frequencies.

Thanks for your help Dannielll.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom