DAB Radio with Line In for MP3 player

derekn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've just been campervanning for the weekend (rain and more rain!) and spent a lot of time listening to my Evoke 1 via mains hook up. If it had a line-in socket then I could have played my Jukebox or Zen through it.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable mains DAB radio with line in? I know the Evoke 3 will do the business but it's really more than I need.

Also please, anyone have experience of buying from Superfi?

Thanks,

Hi, I've just been campervanning for the weekend (rain and more rain!) and spent a lot of time listening to my Evoke 1 via mains hook up. If it had a line-in socket then I could have played my Jukebox or Zen through it.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable mains DAB radio with line in? I know the Evoke 3 will do the business but it's really more than I need.

Also please, anyone have experience of buying from Superfi?

Thanks,

You might try the Logik LOG3006DBE Black from Dixons, PC World, Currys etc. I've had one for about six months as a bedside radio and I'm very pleased with it. It has an AUX input as well as FM and DAB. It also plays from a ordinary USB memory stick. They can be had for about £50. For some strange reason the red and white versions are sometimes different prices. I have seen them in PC World at £10 more than the black one. The Currys on-line website is selling them (the black one) for £79 !!!!! No reason, they are exactly the same. They are only mono output through the speaker, but the headphone socket is stereo.

If you have a big Currys look for the iTech DAB radio.
£34.97 (discountinued) it has line in and out as well as SD card playback and a limited save/rewind on live DAB. I use one of mine as a powered speaker for an iPod and it's got a nice solid and loud output.
There was a review thread in here a while back.

Just don't run the DAB tuner on D batteries unless you have high capacity rechargables - play time of about 10 hours!
Playback time on aux in is much better though.

If you're happy with your Evoke 1, but don't need all the features of the Evoke 3, then why not go for the Evoke 2xt? I got mine at Christmas, use it everyday, and swear by it. Looks like the Evoke 1, but has stereo speakers, better sound output, and has an optical out, headphone socket, and line-in socket for MP3 players, minidiscs or whatever your poison may be. I often connect my Sony MP3 player to mine, and the sound quality is very good indeed, and the Evoke 2xt takes the charge pak, to make it as portable as the MP3 player itself (battery life for MP3 playback and FM radio is longer than for DAB radio too).

The radios are still quite expensive, but as you know with your Evoke 1, you gets what you pays for.

Thanks for all the replies. I looked carefully at the Evoke 2 but eventually went for the Evoke 3 and am very happy with it, especially suprised how often I use the pause button.

Regards,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom