1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB Radio with good battery life ?

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by horatio, Dec 30, 2004.

1. horatio

horatio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Can anybody recommend a DAB radio which has battery life anything close to a conventional radio (i.e. weeks or months rather than hours) ?

I tend to listen to the radio either in the bathroom first thing in the morning or when I am working around the house, in which case I then carry my radio from room-to-room. Both scenarios generally preclude mains operation.

I nearly bought a Pure Evoke 2 a few months ago, but pulled out when I realised that it had only about 10 hours run time on batteries!

I have been putting off buying a DAB radio until ther January sales, so the time has come to bite the bullet.

Any feedback, both on battery life and other DAB pointers, gratefully received.

TIA

Hoaratio

2. horatio

horatio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bit the bullet and have bought a Pure Elan from John Lewis for £79.99 - and 6 size C rechargeables to go with it. Quoted battery life is still only 20 hours for DAB, but this still longer than anything else that I could find.

So far, as my first DAB radio, the experience has been entirely positive - great sound quality, similar to the difference when I went from vinyl/tape to CD all those years ago.

Hope that this helps somebody.

Horatio

3. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    In a similar vein.....
    The current DAB ad on BBC shows a woman listening to an Evoke which is just plonked on her coffee table. There is no sign of any mains lead, which is odd for a radio that doesn't take batteries :laugh: