DAB+ Radio Upgrade

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
HI all

I have a Jaguar XF my2012 11 plate and from what I can tell the DAB radio is just the DAB 1 version.
There is one station i listen to 99% of the time which has now move over to DAB+ And now cannot be found but all other preset stations are still ok. I could stream the station from my mobile via Bluetooth but that adds more issues than solves.
Did some research and found out that the dab module needs to be upgraded with the following part CPLA-14F720-BJ And is under the passenger seat
However, I’m also seeing some posts saying that xf my2012 models and onwards have dab+ But I’m not convinced. Can anyone who have an xf my2012 confirm this.

Has anyone performed this upgrade or suggest where I can get it done if I buy the parts?

mjn

Distinguished Member
You might more info quicker on a dedicated Jagwar forum :smashin:

Aerojon

@Don Dadda i know these 2 radio stations are only available with dab+ heart80s and gold uk..

Pretty sure all hearts stations are only on D+

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
Thanks chaps

@mjn, you’re right but I had good responses and suggestions on here the last time I started a thread on my car I thought I thought I try again.

@Aerojon thanks but the station I need is Mi-soul. They did say they were moving to dab+ And what course of action people can take to pick up the channel again. But until it had moved I couldn’t tell If needed to do anything until it happen

I’m a member of jag.org so will start a thread on that
Cheers

Aerojon

Mi soul on dab in london and dab+ brighton...

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member

Aerojon

they need to update their website then..
Listen via DAB / DAB+

Mi-Soul radio is available on DAB Radio in London and available on DAB+ in Brighton , just tune it in by name.

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
Agreed. They are behind with that

Aerojon

The reason i mentioned heart and uk gold as they are only available on dab+.if you did a retune and can listen to these,than that would confirm you have a dab+ reciever and not just dab...

mikes48

Distinguished Member
HI all

I have a Jaguar XF my2012 11 plate and from what I can tell the DAB radio is just the DAB 1 version.
There is one station i listen to 99% of the time which has now move over to DAB+ And now cannot be found but all other preset stations are still ok. I could stream the station from my mobile via Bluetooth but that adds more issues than solves.
Did some research and found out that the dab module needs to be upgraded with the following part CPLA-14F720-BJ And is under the passenger seat
However, I’m also seeing some posts saying that xf my2012 models and onwards have dab+ But I’m not convinced. Can anyone who have an xf my2012 confirm this.

Has anyone performed this upgrade or suggest where I can get it done if I buy the parts?
I have a MY 2013 XF - September 2013 - and it has DAB radio, but I don't know what version.

If you can tell me how to find out whether it's DAB or DAB+ I'd be happy to check it out for you in the morning :).

cosmicma

i have a 15 XF portfolio ( x250 facelift ) which i presume has dab plus with the + symbol on the display

if yours looks like this i would presume it has dab +

1628857115137.png

ashenfie

DAB is complete sh*. I use an App and BT my on phone works far better than any DAB solution. If you do any long runs the Mobile network has far less drop outs than DAB. In fact in town DAB has blackspots, useless

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
i have a 15 XF portfolio ( x250 facelift ) which i presume has dab plus with the + symbol on the display

if yours looks like this i would presume it has dab +

View attachment 1554815

Mine is very similar but the DAB button does not have 1/2/3
20210814_172950_HDR.jpg

20210814_173005.jpg

The only way i can tell if i search and cannot find any dab+ stations as said in post 9

@ashenfie , DAB may not be great but good enough for the car. Yes it has limitations especially when the channel i am listening to on long journey drops off beacuse signal is lost due to it being a local station. However, while i can ( and currently doing so) stream the station from my phone, if i change channels on the console, get a call or change to CD the app does not automatically start when switching back. As u can imaging, that gets annoying pretty quick while driving.

cosmicma

Mine is very similar but the DAB button does not have 1/2/3
View attachment 1555377

View attachment 1555374

The only way i can tell if i search and cannot find any dab+ stations as said in post 9

@ashenfie , DAB may not be great but good enough for the car. Yes it has limitations especially when the channel i am listening to on long journey drops off beacuse signal is lost due to it being a local station. However, while i can ( and currently doing so) stream the station from my phone, if i change channels on the console, get a call or change to CD the app does not automatically start when switching back. As u can imaging, that gets annoying pretty quick while driving.
i'm reasonably sure all the x250 facelifts have dab + and it does look like yours is dab +
what i do know is there was a software update for the dab + module in order for it to receive more stations
your local dealer or indi should be able to do the software update or somebody with SDD software and interface lead but make sure they know what they are doing

another thought is the heated rear window can interfere with the dab radio signal try tuning the stations with the engine not running and see if there is a difference ( stab in the dark )

there's quite a few that have retro fitted the dab + unit from normal dab in the older XF's and it's just a case of swapping the dab module under the passenger seat and using an adapter for the power lead no re programming required but some have needed the software update in order to get the desired radio stations

Don Dadda

Distinguished Member
i'm reasonably sure all the x250 facelifts have dab + and it does look like yours is dab +
what i do know is there was a software update for the dab + module in order for it to receive more stations
your local dealer or indi should be able to do the software update or somebody with SDD software and interface lead but make sure they know what they are doing
After looking into it a bit more i'm tending to agree with you.
I could go to my local dealer but they like to charge the earth just to cast their eyes on it let alone having to do anything so am very reluctant to get them involved. They wanted to charge the best part of a grand to change the ac compressor when all it required was a air con recharge - £30 with groupon voucher courtesy of ATS.

So my mission now is to find out who and where is my nearest independent garage and see if this is something they can do

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom