• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DAB Radio processing times

captain11

Established Member
I am looking to get a DAB radio but it is important to me to get one with the least delay possible. I am not worried about looks or sound quality just that it is as close as possible to analogue (and preferably portable).

I believe that different models/makes have different processing times so does anybody know of any information regarding these? If not for specific models does anybody have any experience of particular makes being worse/better than others?

Thanks for any replies.

P

Possum Pants

It’s not going to happen mate. If you’re looking because you’re going to be running analogue and DAB at the same time in the same space then it’s impossible – unless you like the sound of serious echo.

It’s hard enough getting two DAB radios to sync (unless they’re the same model, same brand) never mind attempting to get analogue and DAB to sync.

:thumbsup:

captain11

Established Member
Thanks for the reply but I am not looking to run DAB and analogue side by side.

As stated, I just want a DAB radio that is as close as possible to analogue (ie with the least processing) delay. If anyone can help me out I would be grateful.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom