DAB radio interference from dash cam?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by arachnoid, May 12, 2019.

1. arachnoid

arachnoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have the Aukey DR02 dash cam (front and rear cameras) in my vehicle. I purchased a new stereo with DAB and I've read reports that this dash cam can interfere with DAB reception. I have yet to purchase a DAB antenna. The dash cam cables run down the o/s headlining. Are there any steps I can take to minimize interference/attenuation with the DAB signal/reception?

2. larkone

larkone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,229
    I had this issue when I hardwired my dash cam and Pure DAB radio. I installed the DAB radio a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. I then refitted my dash cam and DAB radio to be hardwired and ran the cables up the same pillar (nearside) so the dash cam cable passed close to the DAB aerial. Reception plummeted. Re-routed the dash cam cable across the under the dash and went up the other pillar (offside) to the dash cam - mounted by the mirror so separating the dash cam cabling as far away from the DAB aerial as possible and reception returned. I also turned off the WiFi setting on the cam as well as this also seemed to have an influence.

3. arachnoid

arachnoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks. Have purchased an external DAB antenna and will route cables on opposite side to the camera cables.