• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

DAB Radio - Aerial Improvement

alchad

Standard Member
Hi,

I've got A Chronos 2 bedside radio. We're fairly rural and the signal strength. I was wondering if it's possible to extend the existing aerial or connect it to an external one?

I've tried the technical advice people at Pure who were a waste of time - they reckon there is nothing that can be done because the aerial wire is directly attached and there is no facility for connecting an external one.

I just wondered if anyone had an suggestions? I don't mind getting the screwdiver and soldering iron out if necessary.

Thanks

Alchad

PS In a better reception area I'd recommend the Chronos. It's a nice little radio and the big plus is that it has an external transformer. Originally I had a Roberts which had an internal transformer which woke us up in the middle of the night!

Paul Scarbro

Novice Member
I know this is an old thread.
I have a very flimsy DAB Highway aerial. It doesn't pick anything up. Wondering wether I could extend the reception by extending the aerial wire?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom