DAB in FRANCE? RADIO 2?

esoxcrazy

Standard Member
Off on holiday to France this summer want to take my portable DAB radio, I took it last year to listen to Radio 2 but could not get any signal. Is there anything I can do to be able to get radio 2 with this unit: Intempo pg 01.

thanks.

Sonic67

Banned
DAB trasmitters cover the local area as analogue transmitters do. For instance where I am I get BRMB which is Birmingham and not radio stations from Derby.

It might be possible with a tall aerial to pick up something from Calais perhaps.

Could you get an Internet radio and find a wifi hotspot?

mb23

Off on holiday to France this summer want to take my portable DAB radio, I took it last year to listen to Radio 2 but could not get any signal. Is there anything I can do to be able to get radio 2 with this unit: Intempo pg 01.

thanks.

No, the only ways to get BBC Radio 2 in France are via satellite or the internet.

DAB uses VHF Band III and the transmissions are short-range, hence there is no overspill from neighbouring countries as there is with AM or short wave radio.

There are some DAB transmissions in France although these are shortly to be replaced by DMB radio transmissions. Most of the DAB services currently broadcasting are in the L-Band, which most UK DAB radios will not receive.

http://www.wohnort.demon.co.uk/DAB/a-f.html#France

esoxcrazy

Standard Member
bad news then!

the only other option i had was take the laptop and use the mobile but when i rang servive provider it was a staggering £8.00 per mb download.

So no radio for a few weeks.

thanks for info.

jaydee999

bad news then!

the only other option i had was take the laptop and use the mobile but when i rang servive provider it was a staggering £8.00 per mb download.

So no radio for a few weeks.

thanks for info.

Mais non! Vous pouvez écouter la radio française, non? C'est vraiment formidable!!

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
An internet radio would work - provided you have internet access there free or cheaply.

Chris Muriel, Beijing (normally Manchester)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom