1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB & DVD/CD MP3 micro system - does one exist?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by wilscott1, Aug 5, 2005.

1. wilscott1

wilscott1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've been looking around for a micro system to go in the kitchen which has both a DAB tuner and also MP3 playback capability from DVD (as well as CD).

Having looked around the Sony, Panasonic, JVC etc sites I seem unable to find any one system with both - the DVD/MP3 capable ones only seem to have FM tuners :(

Any ideas where else to look?

Will

2. cwilson

cwilson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think denon have just released a new system that does all this

3. wilscott1

wilscott1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply - I had a look at their site but didn't manage to find something that fits the bill. I've found quite a few around that have DAB and will play CD MP3s but none with (in my view) the killer combination of DAB and the DVD MP3 compatibility ...
    :confused:

4. alter ego

alter ego
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking for something like this 2 weeks ago... I wanted cd/dvd/mp3 and my husband wanted DAB :) I was looking at micro hi-fi systems for under £200 and didn't find one that would provide all this. I eventually bought Panasonic SCPM91D and now I will probably get the DAB adapter for it to keep my husband happy ;)
    You can get one of these (they're really small) in Dixons or Currys:

DAB adapter

I tested one in Currys and was quite impressed, epecially with the price :smashin: