DAB + CD + iPod + Aux - recommendations please?

surv1v0r

Novice Member
Hi, I'm looking for a system that includes DAB radio, CD player, iPod dock and Aux input, ideally with a remote. If it has a USB port, so much the better but that isn't essential. It doesn't need Internet access, WiFi or an alarm. The device is for use in a "holiday let" property.

I have looked at the Roberts MP43 & MP53 but I have heard that Roberts' quality isn't what it was, the CD player tends to be noisy and in the case of the MP53 that it is only usable with a fairly "iffy" remote control.

I gather from John Lewis that the Sound 100 or Sound 200 are newer suitable choices but cannot find any reviews of either and they do seem rather expensive.

I have just stumbled across the Goodmans MICRO1470DABI which costs about a third of the systems above and appears to be satisfactory.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any replies. :)

Last edited:

larkone

Denon DM38DAB or the newer DM39DAB

nedmundo

The MP43 has been available for years and for good reason. We have 3 of the units without any problems whatsoever. The room filling sound still takes some beating and the remote is excellent.

surv1v0r

Novice Member
Denon DM38DAB or the newer DM39DAB
Good though they are, the former costs £200 and the latter will cost about £250 and neither includes speakers or an iPod dock.

The Goodmans Micro DAB system is available on Amazon for £90 and has quite good reviews so I think I will go with that - anyhow, thanks for the feedback :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom