1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dab aerial

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by monkeyboy69, Jan 26, 2003.

1. monkeyboy69

monkeyboy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    having just got hold of the arcam DAB, I was a bit miffed when I could hardly get any reception with the aerail supplied out of the box .

I didn't really consider myself to be in such a bad reception area and dont' really have that much problem with FM reception.

So can anyone recommend a good DAB aerial at a reasonable price and perhaps give an idea of how to set these up? I'm presuming like a tv aerial the higher the better and so running a length of 50ohm cable up to the loft and then putting some sort of aerial there but any help would be appreciated.

I hope I haven't put anyonne off because on the stations I do get a good signal the quality is unreal and easily surpasses FM.

2. njiri

njiri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I've got an Arcam A10DAB tuner at home, the supplied aerial was pretty useless. I bought a Antiference DAB aerial for £25, they also do a non-directional version for £15, mine is directional and needs pointing towards Crystal Palace transmitter.

I bought it from the Videologic website shop, but there are loads of other places that sell them aswell for the same price.

I can highly recommend it, I can get 54 radio stations on it (last count). It has it's own direct feed from the roof to the back of the Arcam unit with no joins.

ED: Just noticed it's the same one as the above link. Just cheaper I think.

http://www.videologic.com/Products/SalesFrame.asp
    Go to the Accessories page.