DAB Aerial

ahaydock

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We have a Radio socket on our wall and I was wondering would this be better than using the telecopic aerial on my Pure Evoke1? A few stations are very weal and it would be nice to pick them up.

I assume it is for FM and am not sure whether you need a special aerial for DAB?

If it is seperate coax line, then yes use the socket, but swap the aerial for a vertically orientated dipole aerial, if signal with the current FM is poor (which is theory it should be, but in a high stregth signal area, you may still get a good signal).

Hope that helps

Thanks but to be honest I really don't know if it is seperate - what is the best way to tell. Unfortunately I don't have a FM radio!

Would a TV aerial be any better?

DAB does work with TV and VHF aerials to some extent but a proper DAB aerial will work better.

DAB does work with TV and VHF aerials to some extent but a proper DAB aerial will work better.
Would they be better than the telescopic aerial on the Evoke?

Also what are the indoor DAB aerials like - anyone recommend one? I dont want to start fixing aerials outside the house!

Bump.

Would they be better than the telescopic aerial on the Evoke?

Also what are the indoor DAB aerials like - anyone recommend one? I dont want to start fixing aerials outside the house!

There is no definitive answer to that; it depends on your location and RF environment. What works in your house may not even work in your neighbour'shouse and vice versa.
It's certainly worth a quick experiment to try it.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Thanks for the help so far guys. I have tried hooking it up via the TV/Radio socket on the wall - no joy (didn;t think there would be but worth a shot), got all the stations I usually got but still couldn't tune into the others (desptie displaying thier name).

Do you think an indoor aerial would be worth a shot now?

Thanks, see a previous thread of mine that started me thinking on a new aerial: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440887

Basically yes I pick up all that I should but using my gfs Dads Pure One in the same place he gets more stations. I suspect as we have two transmitters in the county he picked up the one that is furthest away (and has more and better stations).

I didn't want to go up in the loft as technically we don't have own it (don't ask). That is why I wondered whether an indoor aerial may be better?

Bump :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom