1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB Aerial

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by Hooky, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Hooky

Hooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi guys,

wondering if anyone knows where I can get an External DAB aerial. My Renault will not accept signals on a internal Antenna. I've had a look on google etc.. but cant really find anywhere selling what I'm looking for. I don't want to replace the FM antenna already on the roof, I would rather have another antenna mounted on the outside windscreen or somewhere on the roof or side panel. If anyone has any links etc.. pls can they post them up.

Cheers

Hooky

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
  3. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't be swayed by the unobtrusive nature of glass mount options... get this:
    http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop.php?category=/dab/pioneer/&product=1640

I replaced my glass mount aerial with this about 9 months ago and it kicks ass - I can drive from Leeds to Hull and get XFM all the way on the local emap multiplexes where before I could go as far as the motorway before it would cut out.

This aerial simply does not drop out... ever... Well unless you are driving to Glasgow! :clap:

4. Matty777

Matty777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Please don't tell me these are crud too :( http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/dab_glass.asp

I tried the JVc rediculous stick on the inside joke aerial and found Fm to be clearer!!!!!

Just spent £40 on that one/\ and about to install.

:cool:

5. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    No they are not crud. Just not the best reception but 100% better than internal glass aerials. I actually have one (but it's no longer in use on my car). However roof or boot mount aerials do give better reception.

Make sure when fitting, the glass inside and out is very clean and that you fit it on a warm day with no likelihood of rain for a few days after or it is likely to fall off within a few months (speak from experience, twice!).

PS Panorama who actually make it sell a refitting kit for about £12 if you get any problems down the line.

6. Matty777

Matty777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks Fred for that bit of reassurance.

Now I've had it though, last 5 days glorious sunshine and I was working, now 5 days off and it's piddling down :(

Just have to wait.

7. Scunnyjack

Scunnyjack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought "Woodstock53" with glass mountaerial,fitted unit without dab aerial,-no signal at all.Plugged aerial lead only into head unit & signal was excellent,routed cable to rear window but did not need to fix antenna to the outside!Did try the antenna at a later date but no improvement in signal so took it off again.Scunthorpe to Leeds to York to Pickering "The Arrow" strong all the way,only lost it when heading for the East coast.
    Very poor signal heading Skegness way,no signal in the lakes.I'm sure things are improving all the time.I'm satisfied enough where I live to have disconnected my FM aerial,very pleased with the Woodstock in my old C220 Merc.

8. grant.

grant.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hooky, Out of Interest What Model Renault do you have because after having a internal JVC DFA1 Installed i get a dodgy dab signal im not sure if its just the aerial itself is just crud or the windscreen could be affecting it, though the place i had it installed say that clio's arent a problem? any ideas

9. pilotghost

pilotghost
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0