1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DAB Aerial connection.

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by Zog, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Wasn't sure where to post this..... but here seemed as appropriate as anywhere else.

Need to use a loft mounted aerial with me new DAB. First I need to remove the telescopic aerial it came with.

Unfortunately the F Connector is recessed into the body so I can't get a spanner/pliers around it.

I have found this spanner which I think will remove the aerial. However it wont be much use re-attaching the cable unless I buy an additional one and thread the cable through before attaching the F Connector plug. Leaving it permanently on the cable.

Anybody got any better ideas ?

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,099
    Seems a bit wierd of them to use an F-type connector then not make it accessible -
    Have you contacted the manufacturer to ask their advice?

You could (possibly) get the spanner and remove the telescopic aerial.
    Clamp the spanner in a vice and use a hacksaw to cut a slot down all the way down one side - so from the top it looks like this
    |
    C.
    |
    Then use it to attach your new downlead and slide the spanner up and off the cable?

Unless you're planning on doing a lot of this type of thing then I would be tempted to buy one spanner and just leave it on the cable. At least when you decide to move the radio you'll be able to find the tool! :)

3. Zog

Zog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Its a Ferguson and there is no trace of any contact numbers, either with the radio or on the net.

So it looks like the latter is my only choice.