1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Da-Lite High Power Screen - Projector Ceiling Mounted

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fabianjaimes, Sep 21, 2004.

1. fabianjaimes

fabianjaimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all:

I have an Infocus screenplay 4805 ceiling mounted. I want to buy a 52 x92 Da-Lite High Power Screen; because I have my room absolutely dark on nights but there's some day light so I want to have gainance in my screen.

However, I have read that some experts don't recommend to use High Power screens with ceiling mounted projectors. Have you heard something about it?

Thanks,

Fabian

2. Claude

Claude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Fabian,

I have recently received my high power DRH screen and like you chose this technology due to some light polution during the daytimes. I'm very pleased with the screen and beleive that I made the best choice after considerable geeking out on this forum and the web in general.

I beleive I understand why it has not been recomended to use a high power screen when it is ceiling mounted. The thing with the HP screen is that to take full advantage of the increased gainage ones eyes ideally though impossibly ought to be in the same place as the lens of the projector as the HP optimal veiwing angle is as so. Though one might think it, it does not work in the same way as a conventional screen, in that the light would bounce of the screen rather like a snooker ball of a cushion, the optimal spot with a HP screen is straight back to the light source. For this reason a projector mounted on the ceiling would mean that from a normal sitting position you are outside of the optimal range, which is approx 10-15degrees from the line of the light source to the screen.

My projector is two foot above my line of vision, shelf mounted on a rear wall which is great in that I enjoy the increased gainage but the downside is my ears are closer to the fan noise.

I hope this makes sense to you and helps you in your buying process.

All the best

3. fabianjaimes

fabianjaimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Claude for your help, I really appreciate it.
    I have decided to buy the High Power scree, so i hope to be enjoying my stuff as soon as possible, just like you!!

Regards,

Fabian

4. Hal

Hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the same boat as you m8 AE 700 on odere will not get here till 26 oct :(

only up side is will give me some time to finish of my cinema room :D

I think I am going to go for this screen. Price is abount right for me. http://www.ellie.co.uk/acatalog/vougerange.html

I doint now what screen size you need but the 160. 90 should be spot on for me...

5. George74

George74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Da-Lite screen 16x9 format tab tensioned and electrically operated for sale. It has "cinema-vision" screen material which is ISF approved and has the optimum gain for projection. If interested let me know and I will drop you my e-mail details.