Da-lite High Contrast Screen Mark Repair?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Donnacha, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,335
    Hi,

I recently bought a Countour Electrol 92" Dalite Hight Contrast screen from audimushroom on here for a great price - thanks again!!

However it does have a rather distinctive mark in the middle of the screen (I knew this at time of buying). On close inspection it looks like the reflective surface has been scratched off, with a white non-reflective surface underneath. When not in use you barely notice the mark, but once a bright image (particularly a scene with white) shines on it you see it clearly, as it does not reflect any light.

Although I can live with it, I was wondering is there anyway that this small mark can be covered up to be somewhat reflective, so its not as bad or is all hope gone? Maybe there's a little paint I could put on there that would help it reflect a bit more!

Any advice anyone?

Cheers:thumbsup:

2. AV Nik

AV Nik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hi Donnacha,
    If the surface is glass beaded, I doubt you will be able to repair it.
    I've heard of a few attempts to repair this type of surface but none have been successful.
    If the screen was new, I would have send it back for a full refund/exchange or maybe ask if the surface can be replaced?.
    When you bought the screen, although you knew there was a mark on the surface, was it sold to you as 'un-noticeable'? If so, you may have a right to return the product. If there was no mention of how the mark affected the projection, you may have purchased a return/faulty/damaged screen in which case you have no legal argument. In this case, this screen should have been sold as 'Faulty' (spares or repairs).

Hope this helps.

3. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,335
    Hi Nok,

thanks for the response. It was fully known to me the extent of the mark on the screen, so I've no qualms there. Really I was just wondering if anything could be done to at least make it less noticeable, as I suspect if it was repairable the previous owner would have done so.

I don't think its glass-beaded (can I tell?). Its a matte-white, high contrast screen. Maybe some reflective paint they use for road signs would work ....or tipex!! ;)