Da-lite high contrast high power

eishg

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am after a High Contrast High Power dalite screen.
does anyone know where i can get one?

We should have our demo screen within the month. We are also able to supply the screens (from within the UK) in High Power or High Power, High Contrast variation.

If you need to know exact pricing and delivery time, please provide more information about what you need, i.e. size, type i.e. manual, electric, fixed etc, and i will endevour to provide more information.

Ricky

sorry to hijack eishg's thread, but for me, I have the frame already, so I only need the 92" diagonal 'da snap' material only.

hi i did find out,

i got quotes from three different suppilers in the uk below,
double check they give you a quote for the 'high contrast high power' screen as its a new material i got a mixture of 'high power' or 'high contrast' quotes until i corrected them

Last edited:
hi i did find out,

i got quotes from three different suppilers in the uk below,
double check they give you a quote for the 'high contrast high power' screen as its a new material i got a mixture of 'high power' or 'high contrast' quotes until i corrected them

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

What sort of prices were you getting and for what size ? Please PM me if you dont want to post in public.

Gliese 581c said:
sorry to hijack eishg's thread, but for me, I have the frame already, so I only need the 92" diagonal 'da snap' material only.

No problem. That would be a special order item, so will get you a quote next week.

I have this screen in my living room, hi power hi contrast. Being a special order I had to wait about 4 weeks.

Have you an specific questions I might be able to answer?

I purchased it specifically because I have a very bright living room and wanted to reduce light spill and give me some more pop, especially in 3D.

It is a great screen if you sit straight on, from a gain point of view. Moving of axis the gain soon drop to normal levels.

I will be selling this soon though as I am building a dedicated room, with a new 2:35:1 screen. It will probably end up in the classifieds when I can be bothered. As I said before any question, I will attempt to answer.

I have this screen in my living room, hi power hi contrast. Being a special order I had to wait about 4 weeks.

I purchased it specifically because I have a very bright living room and wanted to reduce light spill and give me some more pop, especially in 3D.

It is a great screen if you sit straight on, from a gain point of view. Moving of axis the gain soon drop to normal levels.

I will be selling this soon though as I am building a dedicated room, with a new 2:35:1 screen. It will probably end up in the classifieds when I can be bothered. As I said before any question, I will attempt to answer.

Thanks John, I currently have the high contrast cinema vision screen. Its a 1.1 gain and with my new projector, it seems with the screen being grey the whites are dull and overall picture quality, especially colours are a bit weak.

I still want a grey screen for black levels, but with the high power high contrast screen having a gain of 2.4, it would hopefully help with whites and overall picture brightness and in turn still maintaining good black levels.

What size is your screen ?

Hi Ricky,

I'd be very interested in your feedback on this screen, as it seems it may be the only one of its kind that won't have any visible screen structure, assuming it's behaviour is very similar to the normal High Power material.

Cheers

Gary

92 inch I think, lol, I will have to check!

Using the HD83 The screen has amazing POP. With mixed materiel it looks great, on a completely black image which is on display for some time the black is good, not fantastic.

This certainly is not a screen for everyone, though myself and many of the people on avsforum certainly enjoy it, if you haven't already I suggest you pop over as many more people are using it.

I have seem no screen structure, I sit approx 3.5 meters away.

The alignment of the projector an the screen is very important to maximize the gain and reduce drop off, the viewing cone is very narrow, 20 degree i believe. My screen is low down, so where I sit my eyes are central, this worked best for me, though I do always have my screens this height as I don't like looking upwards for long periods of time.

Ultimately all the equipment we buy has some sort of compromise we just have to weigh up the pros and cons, sadly with screens its very difficult to get a demo, I purchased in blind faith!

Gary Lightfoot said:
Hi Ricky,

I'd be very interested in your feedback on this screen, as it seems it may be the only one of its kind that won't have any visible screen structure, assuming it's behaviour is very similar to the normal High Power material.

Cheers

Gary

Gary,

Once we have one in, I will give you a shout, and you can come and take a look yourself.

Ricky

hi john do you remember where you got it from?

and how good is it for daytime viewing?

I've seen a sample of the high contrast high power and I was impressed. Did exactly the same job (without artefacts) of raising the brightness level as the normal 2.4 gain high power but it lowed the black level at the same time. Very impressive stuff! Naturally I'd like to see a whole screen in action though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom