D_IN doesn't allow me to change the surround sound settings

jontygee

Standard Member
Hi

I have the following set up:

my TV is a Samsung UE40M/U6400. On the back of it, it has a Digital Audio out (optical) port, 2 HDMI ins (1 & 2) and an HDMI in 3 (ARC).

The Home theatre/Blu-ray is a Samsung AH64-05291B all in one. On the back it has a Digital Audio In, 2 HDMI ins and 1 HDMI out.

I recently got Sky Q 2TB UHD and have a PS4.

As I get free UHD channels I want to be able to watch them but also benefit from surround sound. However as the Blu-ray all in one home theatre player isn't UHD compliant, i have set up as follows:

Sky q directly into TV via HDMI; ps4 directly into tv via HDMI. TV to home theatre via optical.

This seems to work, however i have 1 issue that I cannot fix. The home theatre previously allowed me to switch between several modes to take advantage of the type of programme i was watching, e.g. movie mode, matrix mode, music, stereo, Prol 06. However when i have the D_IN selected, I cannot toggle through these modes and it seems i just get the matrix setting which is basically the same sound through every speaker, so technically not proper surround sound.

Is there anyway to fix this, or is this because i am using an opitcal in? Not a big deal but would be nice to be able to change settings, particularly for movies

thanks

John

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom